Who and when do you think will be Johnson’s first commit?

I think Suggs commented on PJ being the type of coach he would have loved to play for....I wish he would have chosen football lol.

I was talking about King with a semi retired (ha!) high school coach last night. He said King is definitely a B1G player and someone we should definitely try to get. I have only seen him play one time....against Waseca in a holiday tournament when he was a sophomore....so his older....not oldest brother...was playing point guard. You could tell by watching Eli that he was an athlete. I called my friend on the way home from the game and he told me he watched him play football in the prep bowl and he looked like Randy Moss.
I saw Suggs play one football game. State championship game. Insane athlete. Wasn’t the best QB on the field that day.

Agreed. After Chet and maybe Holloman I want Eli King. Lots of great players locally but I have wanted the gophers to offer him since I saw him on the state tourney as an 8th grader. I said that say I’d take him over both his brothers.
seen a tweet that Johnson has already reached out to king and re-offered him. which is good...stay on him!!

Who are the top 10 HS players in Minnesota?

So it must have been football that Eli King chose to not play in college? I knew it was one of the two, for some reason I was thinking he'd say he wanted to focus on football.

I love King’s game. Would be thrilled if he committed. Nothing not to like about him. Come on!! Make Caledonia Gopher Country.
Yes! Iowa is already poaching too many football players from that area. If we lose King to them...

I mean im shooting for the moon....but a backcourt tandem of King & Holloman would be a great start to the class!
Up to this point, with Pitino, I didn't think we had a chance with those two, especially King. Now at least I feel like we're in the conversation. (Would have been with Smith or Medved, though, too.)

Is Eli King any relation to Joey King?
No....Joey was 6'8 from Eastview....

Eli is 6'3 from Caledonia....his dad is his coach. He has two older brothers who played basketball as well....Noah is the middle one. Eli is an unbelievable athlete....that Caledonia has a football team that has won close to 70 straight games.

So it must have been football that Eli King chose to not play in college? I knew it was one of the two, for some reason I was thinking he'd say he wanted to focus on football.
I was surprised too....but Ryan Burns took him off his state football rankings after he announced he was concentrating on basketball. He hurt his meniscus this year and is out for basketball....

How old is Randy Carter's son....is he a football player as well?

Looks like people are predicting Cam Heide to Purdue, but I think Holloman and him will be the top 2 players out of this class for sure

Looks like people are predicting Cam Heide to Purdue, but I think Holloman and him will be the top 2 players out of this class for sure
I believe I've heard that his dad or possibly both parents went to Purdue, but maybe Johnson can work his magic

and this list doesn't include SG Braeden Carrington from Park Center who's a good shooter with Florida, Missouri and Seton Hall offers and PF Elvis Nnaji from Hopkins who has Marquette and Arizona offers. Very deep class.

Just sitting here waiting on the Holmgren commit...

In all honesty though, would any big time recruit or transfer want to come in this year without any proven track record for a first year head coach? I have my doubts, but would love to see it. I think the assistant coaches will be a huge factor with the initial wave of commitments and recruiting.
They better. The the excuse of not having MN AAU approved coach is over.

Top Bottom