Who’s your 4?

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Texas A&M
4. Ohio St

and Bama spanks OSU, by 20+ (Clemson would too)

Notre Dame shouldn't get a second shot after getting destroyed by Clemson.

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Cincinnati

Cincy will get destroyed by Alabama but have to give these teams a shot every once in a while.
Yeah that’s my deal.

maybe cinci doesn’t belong

But if that’s true they’ll just lose. So fine. We already know everyone else isn’t the champ

Notre Dame shouldn't get a second shot after getting destroyed by Clemson.

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Cincinnati

Cincy will get destroyed by Alabama but have to give these teams a shot every once in a while.

This is what I'd like to see. Non conference champs don't deserve to be in the top 4

Expand to 6
Bama and Clemson bye
aTm vs ND. Winner to Clemson
OSU vs Cinci. Winner to Bama.

Notre Dame beat no one. They don't "deserve" to be there. Any more than Cincinnati does, anyway, also with a very weak resume.

None of Texas A&M, Florida, or Georgia "deserve" to be there. They all had their shot, and blew it.

Honestly, the team playing the best right now that "deserves" the #4 spot, and a ticket to lose to Bama, is Oklahoma.

If it weren't for the K-State loss, they'd be there too. But alas ....

It'll be Notre Dame getting bitched by Bama in the Sugar Bowl, and it will be OSU and Clemson in the CFP semi-final at Jerryworld.

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio St
Notre Dame (though I wouldn’t argue against A&M here)

Expand it to 8. The playoff has lessened the parity in college football. Expanding it could bring it back somewhat.
5 Power Champions Autobid (Covid mess PAC 12 loses out; I know ridiculous but let's go with it)
1 highest ranked G5 Autobid
2 at large bids

Think about this (guessing seeds)
1 Bama v. 8 Oklahoma 4 Texas A&M v. 5 Notre Dame
2 Clemson v. 7 Cincy 3 tOSU v. 6 Florida

How fun would this format be? It'd be as close as you can get to March Madness

Expand it to 8. The playoff has lessened the parity in college football. Expanding it could bring it back somewhat.
5 Power Champions Autobid (Covid mess PAC 12 loses out; I know ridiculous but let's go with it)
1 highest ranked G5 Autobid
2 at large bids

Think about this (guessing seeds)
1 Bama v. 8 Oklahoma 4 Texas A&M v. 5 Notre Dame
2 Clemson v. 7 Cincy 3 tOSU v. 6 Florida

How fun would this format be? It'd be as close as you can get to March Madness
They'll get there eventually. Baby steps. I think they'll go six first.

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Cincinnati

Notre Dame beat no one. They don't "deserve" to be there. Any more than Cincinnati does, anyway, also with a very weak resume.

None of Texas A&M, Florida, or Georgia "deserve" to be there. They all had their shot, and blew it.

Honestly, the team playing the best right now that "deserves" the #4 spot, and a ticket to lose to Bama, is Oklahoma.

If it weren't for the K-State loss, they'd be there too. But alas ....

It'll be Notre Dame getting bitched by Bama in the Sugar Bowl, and it will be OSU and Clemson in the CFP semi-final at Jerryworld.
By the same token, Clemson beat no one if we are saying ND beat no one. The ACC is absolutely putrid in football. Essentially on par w the AAC (especially in years where ND is not a conf member).

By the same token, Clemson beat no one if we are saying ND beat no one. The ACC is absolutely putrid in football. Essentially on par w the AAC (especially in years where ND is not a conf member).
If it were anyone other than Clemson, I'd agree 100%.

Unfortunately, Clemson is on level with Bama and has proven that countless times the past 5+ years.

The ACC is Clemson + everyone else.

Absolutely. Everyone wants playoff expansion well it already exists.
Does it exist???

Undefeated teams with schedules of reasonable opponents and not every week of little sisters of the poor (not coastal carolina) can still be out jumped by 2 loss P5 teams and have no chance going into championship week???

Looks like Notre Dame gets the honor back to back blowouts as they will get destroyed by Alabama. But Kelly will be happy because the game has been moved to Texas.

Ohio State vs. Clemson has a chance to be interesting but will be surprised if we don't get Alabama vs. Clemson for the title.

Was there any doubt?? Of course Notre Dame was going to be #4. TV ratings.

Notre Dame will lose badly to Alabama.

Not sure how Ohio State will do against Clemson in the rematch from last year. My heart wants it to be a close, good game, with OSU pulling it out. But my head laughs at that.

I just think these conference championship games should be viewed as a play-off. You lose and your out.
It’s the 4 best teams regardless of conference. If one conference has two or even three teams that are top 4 in the country then that conference should have those 2-3 teams make the playoff regardless of whether they won their conference championship.

Was there any doubt?? Of course Notre Dame was going to be #4. TV ratings.

Notre Dame will lose badly to Alabama.

Not sure how Ohio State will do against Clemson in the rematch from last year. My heart wants it to be a close, good game, with OSU pulling it out. But my head laughs at that.
Who should have gotten in over ND?

ND got in because they have a top 4 resume, better than Texas A&M. They have a better win, their second best win is better than Tamu’s second best and their loss isn’t as bad as Tamu’s loss.

I think ND keeps this game close as I don’t think this Bama team is as dominant as past #1 teams.

As long as OSU has Olave and Smith-Njigha back, I think the Clemson game will come down to the wire.

It’s the 4 best teams regardless of conference. If one conference has two or even three teams that are top 4 in the country then that conference should have those 2-3 teams make the playoff regardless of whether they won their conference championship.
That’s my whole issue with the system.

“best 4” is a purely subjective criteria.

That’s my whole issue with the system.

“best 4” is a purely subjective criteria.
Well unless we get to a point where we get rid of conferences and everybody plays everybody, there is going to be some subjectivity.

Because not all conferences are created equal.

For example the SEC recruits significantly better than any other conference and they put way more guys in the NFL than other conferences.

So saying they only deserve to have one member in the CFP isn’t fair to the other team in that conference when they are a top 4 team. (Not saying Tamu should have gotten in, just using the SEC as an example).

If ND had gotten its 2nd loss in ACC champ game (probably should’ve been the case), then Texas A&M or some other SEC school would’ve gotten it.

I’m doing just fine with SEC only getting one team in a four team playoff.

Well unless we get to a point where we get rid of conferences and everybody plays everybody, there is going to be some subjectivity.

Because not all conferences are created equal.

For example the SEC recruits significantly better than any other conference and they put way more guys in the NFL than other conferences.

So saying they only deserve to have one member in the CFP isn’t fair to the other team in that conference when they are a top 4 team. (Not saying Tamu should have gotten in, just using the SEC as an example).
I just think there needs to be objective criteria.
16 team playoff or 12 team with all conference champs getting in. Fill the rest in with SEC schools if people feel they deserve it. If a G5 conference champ doesn’t deserve it, that’s fine....theyll just lose.

Top Bottom