Who’s worse than the Gophers with 2 games left in the entire Big Ten?

Wisconsin plays Nebraska and Minnesota.

Minnesota plays Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Nebraska plays Wisconsin and Iowa.

Minnesota would be worst if Minnesota loses both and Nebraska wins one.

Wisconsin would be worst if losing both.

Nebraska is worst if losing both. I think. I'm not certain. Minnesota beat Nebraska but lost to all the rest except hasn't played Wisconsin yet.

1699755942238.png

Last edited:

If the Gophers can’t beat Wisconsin this year then yikes. Wisconsin is terrible and regressing. If they do beat Wisconsin then it will be a pretty bittersweet year winning both Floyd and Axe but going 6-6.

If the Gophers can’t beat Wisconsin this year then yikes. Wisconsin is terrible and regressing. If they do beat Wisconsin then it will be a pretty bittersweet year winning both Floyd and Axe but going 6-6.
In 2019 I was told the Pig and Axe were all that mattered.

Some will always try to make lemonade out of lemons - or in this case, lemonade out of horse sh!t.

Weird part is we really did outplay Iowa this year and then went and paid an egg after MSU against Illinois and Purdue. Wow today was ugly. We gave up 350 yards rushing. Uffda

For multiple regimes we typically played up or down to match the competition.

Obviously that has proved too challenging. Definitely playing worse than the competition on an increasing basis. Probably many reasons for this.

as I see it, after the big 3, the other teams in the B1G are all very similar.

so when you match two of them up, the result comes down to which team makes fewer mistakes. and that can change from game to game, depending a lot on injuries.

because one of the factors that has so many teams with similar records is a lack of top-flight talent and in many cases, a lack of depth.

put two crappy teams together, and the least crappy team that day will come out on top. have the same two teams play a week later, and you could have a different outcome. there is a random element about it.

as I see it, after the big 3, the other teams in the B1G are all very similar.

so when you match two of them up, the result comes down to which team makes fewer mistakes. and that can change from game to game, depending a lot on injuries.

because one of the factors that has so many teams with similar records is a lack of top-flight talent and in many cases, a lack of depth.

put two crappy teams together, and the least crappy team that day will come out on top. have the same two teams play a week later, and you could have a different outcome. there is a random element about it.
Or, as we see more and more often, put two mediocre teams on the field and the well coached team will look good and the poorly-coached team will look terrible.

Or, as we see more and more often, put two mediocre teams on the field and the well coached team will look good and the poorly-coached team will look terrible.
As we see more often, put two mediocre teams on the field and 7 teams in the conference are 3-4

Just beat Wisconsin PJ, that is all that is expected from you..

For sure Indinia and MI St are worse. There's a log jam between 5-12. OSU, MI, PSU, and IA in that order at the top!

For sure Indinia and MI St are worse. There's a log jam between 5-12. OSU, MI, PSU, and IA in that order at the top!
I would expand that log jam to include teams 5-14 and while Iowa is clear of it, they are clear by the slimmest of margins and fully capable of losing to any of the teams in that remaining cluster on any given Saturday while having almost zero shot of beating any of the top 3.

I know many are in doom and gloom mode around here and assuming we are the worst of the bunch but if they actually look around the conference they would see we are in a similar boat to most of the Big Ten this year. Not where we want to be but not nearly as bad as some here want to make it out to be as well.

Basically any Big Ten game that doesn't include Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State is a tossup and will hinge on which team is healthier and makes the fewest mistakes.

I’d bet Indiana would beat us. Their offense would look like Purdue did.
Yup. Anyone with any perimeter ability is a matchup problem for us.

I think we would lose to Indiana. I think we would lose to Maryland.
I think we would beat Rutgers. I think we will beat Wisconsin.

I think it's a bunch of similar teams that are going to be toss-up based on match-ups.

Indiana- Fired OC and struggling
Illinois- Lost tons of talent and DC
MSU- Interim coach
Purdue- New Coach and system
Northwestern- Interim Coach
Nebraska- New coach and system
Maryland- Terrible Defense
Minnesota- Terrible Defense and New OC's, lost multiple Defensive position coaches
Wisconsin- New coach and system

Rutgers- Loss to WI is really only bad loss on their schedule

Yet we are the only team with a win against IA, MI, PSU, tOSU.

B10 West is the consolation bracket of the B10. Other than Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State the B10 East isn't the greatest either. B10 has three great teams, and the rest....meh.

B10 West is the consolation bracket of the B10. Other than Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State the B10 East isn't the greatest either. B10 has three great teams, and the rest....meh.
Not sure I would count PSU as great but they are very good and definitely well above the rest of the conference. Will be interesting to see how the conference does in bowl games.

I think it's a bunch of similar teams that are going to be toss-up based on match-ups.

Indiana- Fired OC and struggling
Illinois- Lost tons of talent and DC
MSU- Interim coach
Purdue- New Coach and system
Northwestern- Interim Coach
Nebraska- New coach and system
Maryland- Terrible Defense
Minnesota- Terrible Defense and New OC's, lost multiple Defensive position coaches
Wisconsin- New coach and system

Rutgers- Loss to WI is really only bad loss on their schedule

Yet we are the only team with a win against IA, MI, PSU, tOSU.
Correct.
7 teams at 3-4
Our struggles are the opposite of unique. They are the norm.

The 2021, 2022, and 2019 gopher teams would all be the fourth best in the conference at a minimum this year. The gophers could realistically be in a tie for 5th in the conference at the end of the year 😂

Top Bottom