Who’s next

Only one clip of him hitting a 3. I am tired of slashing brick layers from 3. Pass
If the offense is designed to actually utilize this kind of player, his long range shooting might not matter. Agree you can't have more than a couple guys like that.

i don’t really care where Robbins ends up. He is weak with the ball, resulting in a lot of turnovers, and other than blocking an occasional shot was often out of position on defense, giving up as many points as he blocked.
Although I'd like to see him stay, I also have to admit that Robbins was about an average 5 among the Big 10 posts this year. Although I liked his shot-blocking ability, I was also very concerned about his ability to get and maintain position in the paint on both sides of the ball. As mentioned, he was average (at least from my perspective) in pretty much all aspects of the game, except blocking shots. I think a lot of it was due to the huge jump in talent he was facing in the Big 10 as opposed to his previous league.

I do think that he has the potential to get better in many areas and learn how to adjust to his disadvantages and capitalize on his strengths more than he did last year, which is why it would be nice if he'd stay. However, if he does end up going to Vandy or Iowa, I'm pretty sure that the Gophers can and will find a similar-caliber center (maybe with different skill sets) to take the spot...

Although I'd like to see him stay, I also have to admit that Robbins was about an average 5 among the Big 10 posts this year. Although I liked his shot-blocking ability, I was also very concerned about his ability to get and maintain position in the paint on both sides of the ball. As mentioned, he was average (at least from my perspective) in pretty much all aspects of the game, except blocking shots. I think a lot of it was due to the huge jump in talent he was facing in the Big 10 as opposed to his previous league.

I do think that he has the potential to get better in many areas and learn how to adjust to his disadvantages and capitalize on his strengths more than he did last year, which is why it would be nice if he'd stay. However, if he does end up going to Vandy or Iowa, I'm pretty sure that the Gophers can and will find a similar-caliber center (maybe with different skill sets) to take the spot...
I donno. Average in the big ten is still pretty darn good relative to the rest of the nation. Those guys don’t just appear too often.

Will be interesting to see what type of skill set BJ seeks and/or develops, and what type of role he expects from his centers. When he doesn’t get his top choice, what will he prioritize? Shooters, pick and pop, skilled post moves? Rim protector, big body, ability to guard 2-5?

as I’m typing this I’m lamenting we only got two years out of Oturu. That kid was so talented.

Agree. He had some dominant performances. Average centers can’t dominate like that. He killed Liddell, Dickinson etc... in some matchups. Definitely needs to get stonger agree with that.

Not too worried about him putting up 25. Very unlikely. 4 blocks? Maybe, but can also count on him being out of position resulting in at least 3-4 layups for us, and he will turn the ball over at least 3 times.
He will against us, especially considering what we have at center

Liam going to Iowa bothered me at first, but I'm over it. He's from Iowa, went to Drake and never would have given MN a second glance if his uncle and cousin weren't in the program.

I will never root for good things to happen to Iowa, but Liam's a one year player and they're going to crush us next year whether he's there or not. If it makes it easier for us land one of our targets, it's worth it.

Liam going to Iowa bothered me at first, but I'm over it. He's from Iowa, went to Drake and never would have given MN a second glance if his uncle and cousin weren't in the program.

I will never root for good things to happen to Iowa, but Liam's a one year player and they're going to crush us next year whether he's there or not. If it makes it easier for us land one of our targets, it's worth it.
Bad take, if Robbins didn’t go, who on that team will score any points? Weiskamp and Garza are both gone, likely bohannon too. I mean Iowa will be bad next year unless they get an impact transfer like Robbins.

Bad take, if Robbins didn’t go, who on that team will score any points? Weiskamp and Garza are both gone, likely bohannon too. I mean Iowa will be bad next year unless they get an impact transfer like Robbins.
Perhaps crush is a strong word, but they will be better than us if they get Liam or not.

Where is Wieskamp going, Turkey or Albania? He plays zero defense and seems sort of soft.

Top Bottom