Who’s getting excited for some Gopher football…

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
…and just college football in general!!! As we turn to August is when it gets real for me and I just start to pay attention and get excited.

I haven’t been following as closely as I used to, but it sounds like it’s another talented team. Biggest question mark has to be the offense due to the new co-OC’s. Let’s hope it’s the polar opposite of Sanford as far as success goes. I’m hoping it’s better than Ciarocca, but I think Ciarocca is very good.

I think Athan will be a stud. I think Evans will be great at RB.

Ski U Mah, Go Gophers!!!

Watched the first edition of the PJ Fleck show on DVR and liked what I heard. Also saw Coach at the B1G Media Days presser and liked that too.

Finally went to Goldy's Locker Room today and got a new gold and a new maroon t-shirt in the large size that I require. Top that off celebrating 35 years of marriage with Mrs. Billd today and life is indeed good.

Ski U Mah! Row the Boat! Go Gophers!

Excited about the potentially best team since the early 60s. Excited about the schedule too. We will be offensively transformed and more productive.

Last edited:

SO excited. Hall of Fame Game is already Thursday so we're getting super close to football season.

TBH, just excited for football in general to come back on TV.

Our opening Thursday can’t come soon enough! Got a new 200” projection TV with surround sound! Our gophers will look like bears on this set up!

University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Bears!
1690835325427.png

i can’t wait for the season! very optimistic. this is our big chance to win the west
The Jug, the Pig, and the Axe are coming home! That will be a topper for me if it does happen and winning the B1G West outright too.

Will this be enough to give PJ Fleck validation from the media naysayers?

Happy Football Month y’all!

i can’t wait for the season! very optimistic. this is our big chance to win the west
I feel like the big chance was last year tbh. But I am def optimistic about the Gophers being in the mix in November.

I feel like the big chance was last year tbh. But I am def optimistic about the Gophers being in the mix in November.
It’s this year because AK has some experience and starts from game one. We need to stay healthy and have a couple balls bounce our way. That’s all.

It’s this year because AK has some experience and starts from game one. We need to stay healthy and have a couple balls bounce our way. That’s all.
For me - last year's schedule was a bigger boost towards getting a West title than the boost we'll get from AK. I would LOVE to be wrong, truly. Overall I am deeply optimistic about the year, but that optimism has been more around having a 9 win season than an outright West title. But I love your energy and hope you are right!

For me - last year's schedule was a bigger boost towards getting a West title than the boost we'll get from AK. I would LOVE to be wrong, truly. Overall I am deeply optimistic about the year, but that optimism has been more around having a 9 win season than an outright West title. But I love your energy and hope you are right!
Michigan and OSU should be our only close games. Iowa, Wisky, and Illinois will be put down like a dying dog.

…and just college football in general!!! As we turn to August is when it gets real for me and I just start to pay attention and get excited.

I haven’t been following as closely as I used to, but it sounds like it’s another talented team. Biggest question mark has to be the offense due to the new co-OC’s. Let’s hope it’s the polar opposite of Sanford as far as success goes. I’m hoping it’s better than Ciarocca, but I think Ciarocca is very good.

I think Athan will be a stud. I think Evans will be great at RB.

Ski U Mah, Go Gophers!!!
Make it a poll please! I want to vote yes!

Even if we go 0-12, I’m excited for some Gophers football.

Now if/when I rip on players and coaches with those losses every week, just know that I am still a supporting fan, K? Just saying.

Losing to Louisiana-Lafayette 21-24 won’t deter my loyalty one bit.

Watched the first edition of the PJ Fleck show on DVR and liked what I heard. Also saw Coach at the B1G Media Days presser and liked that too.

Finally went to Goldy's Locker Room today and got a new gold and a new maroon t-shirt in the large size that I require. Top that off celebrating 35 years of marriage with Mrs. Billd today and life is indeed good.

Ski U Mah! Row the Boat! Go Gophers!
Congratulations on the anniversary! That's no small feat!

HAPPY EARLY HALLOWEEN! Oh, I guess that doesn't count because Matt Rhule just started his gig.
You’re not kidding walked in Cracker Barrel the other week and they already have Halloween stuff out

The Jug, the Pig, and the Axe are coming home! That will be a topper for me if it does happen and winning the B1G West outright too.

Will this be enough to give PJ Fleck validation from the media naysayers?
My hope is that they all come home, we win the west outright, and play Penn State in the championship. I know there was discussion in the past about trophies not trading hands in the event the matchup was the championship but it hasn't actually happened yet so one can dream.

Get all 4 recognized trophies, a championship trophy, and the fan trophy with Nebraska in our hands and I'd be willing to give PJ a pretty hefty contract and a statue somewhere on campus.

Congratulations on the anniversary! That's no small feat!
Yep...and she's my FB buddy to boot.

Realized very early that if she was to be with me then she'd have to share Saturdays in the Fall...or join in. She chose the latter for which I'm eternally grateful.

Lives and dies each down and makes noise on every play the other guy has the ball. What's not to love there?

Ski U Mah!

Is it too early for a countdown clock?

Yep...my paper season tix arrived just today. Very happy!

Top Bottom