Which Trophy Would You Want

Which trophy would you want?

• The Axe - Continue our recent success against Sconnie and keep them in their place.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • The Pig - End the embarrassing drought and send 69K Iowa fans home sad.

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • The Jug - A home win over what will probably be a top 5 team (maybe even storm the field).

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters

Since the poll only allows you to select one of the three, to me that means the spirit of the post is “you only get to have one, and lose the other two”.

In that case, the Jug drops way down to the bottom. It’s just not a fair rivalry at this point. The programs are not operating on the same level of college football. But Minn, Wisc, and Iowa are on the same level.

Between the Axe and Pig, then, I choose the Pig for this year. And that’s solely because we’ve actually gotten to have the Axe now, but the damned Pig eludes. It’s time

I love how many people struggle with the concept of a poll. Goes without saying that we want all 3 or that if we were to win one and lose the other two it would be disappointing.....none of that matters in terms of the poll as it is laid out.

As for the poll....that is a really tough question to answer because I can come up with a great reason for wanting each on individually.

In the end if I had to pick just one this season it's the Pig just to get that monkey off our back after coming so friggin close multiple times in recent years.

From a program standpoint though....knocking off National title contender Michigan and winning the Jug would probably have the biggest impact in terms of moving the perception of the team.

Since the poll only allows you to select one of the three, to me that means the spirit of the post is “you only get to have one, and lose the other two”.

In that case, the Jug drops way down to the bottom. It’s just not a fair rivalry at this point. The programs are not operating on the same level of college football. But Minn, Wisc, and Iowa are on the same level.

Between the Axe and Pig, then, I choose the Pig for this year. And that’s solely because we’ve actually gotten to have the Axe now, but the damned Pig eludes. It’s time
I guess I assumed people would read the initial post I made when I created the poll. Obviously, that is not the case. It was 100% meant to be answered as "you only get to have one and lose the other two". That's the only way the poll is even the least bit thought provoking.

Lots of people in this thread:
giphy.gif

I guess I assumed people would read the initial post I made when I created the poll. Obviously, that is not the case. It was 100% meant to be answered as "you only get to have one and lose the other two". That's the only way the poll is even the least bit thought provoking.
How about a poll question: if you could save one of your three children from a house fire, which would you pick? Thought provoking.

How about a poll question: if you could save one of your three children from a house fire, which would you pick? Thought provoking.
On a Gopher Football forum? That would be weird. ;)

Top Bottom