Which Trophy Would You Want

Which trophy would you want?

• The Axe - Continue our recent success against Sconnie and keep them in their place.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • The Pig - End the embarrassing drought and send 69K Iowa fans home sad.

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • The Jug - A home win over what will probably be a top 5 team (maybe even storm the field).

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters

HopHead

rank lieutenant
Reaction score
Obviously, I want to look at the Gopher's trophy case at the end of the season and see it packed full. But, if you were told we would only win one of the trophy games with Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan, which would you want the most?

I can't pick - we need the pig and the axe this year. Too long without a pig, and always hate WI . Most importantly, can't give WI momentum with new coach.

The jug would be a bonus this year.

This is a really tough question. I could see an argument for any of the 3. I went with the Pig just because it's been so long and I'm sick of listening to those fans run their mouths. Hard to believe our last win vs Iowa and vs Michigan came in the same season.

This is a really tough question. I could see an argument for any of the 3. I went with the Pig just because it's been so long and I'm sick of listening to those fans run their mouths. Hard to believe our last win vs Iowa and vs Michigan came in the same season.
You nailed my thoughts as well. I went with Iowa. But the fact that the other two are both home games would make winning one of them more enjoyable for me as a season ticket holder. I think it's a really tough question as well. That's why I put it our there. And I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.

I went with The Jug. THE Original Rivalry trophy.

And that game precedes both the iowa and wisconsin game.

I believe that when we beat Michigan, that gives us the confidence to beat those other two teams.

And it will happen this year.
I get your logic. Unfortunately, the parameters of the poll mean that if we beat Michigan we lose to both Iowa and Wisconsin. If I put an option for winning all three, it wouldn't be much of a mystery which would win.

I was able to get a picture with both. I think the Jug just because the record is so lopsided.

The Bell. Means we had a really good season.
giphy.gif

I get your logic. Unfortunately, the parameters of the poll mean that if we beat Michigan we lose to both Iowa and Wisconsin. If I put an option for winning all three, it wouldn't be much of a mystery which would win.
I read it differently, as a ranking, not as "you only get one", until I read your first post.

And this year, I simply can't see us losing 2 of those 3 games.

Obviously, I want to look at the Gopher's trophy case at the end of the season and see it packed full. But, if you were told we would only win one of the trophy games with Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan, which would you want the most?
Can’t vote under those rules.

Very tough call, but just because of how arrogant Badgers fans were during their Axe streak I would have to say keep the Axe and GTH Badgers :)

The Jug and it’s not even close. Could you imagine how much fun it would be to beat Michigan (also helps that I’ve got tix and plan on tailgating but still)? The Minneapolis Miracle and being on the field for beating Penn State in 2019 are my two best sports memories. I can see this theoretically being close on that echelon. As much as I’d like to see it, beating Iowa (I get the drought) and/or Wisconsin at this point are more of an expectation. Beating Michigan could theoretically be a program changer. LFG!

The Jug and it’s not even close. . . . . Beating Michigan could theoretically be a program changer. LFG!
Agree. Michigan was undefeated in the Dome, and is currently undefeated in the Bank (a combined 15-0, and currently on a 17-game MSP win streak).

Last edited:

Winning one of three ain't gonna cut it for me. I can see us winning all three and expect us to win two out of the three. It is over 50 years since we have had all three. The opportunity does not present itself every year. Winning all three has to be a primary focus!

I want Yost's Yug

Michigan is almost certain to be undefeated and in the top 3-4 teams when that game comes around and it would be one of the biggest wins in the modern history of the program.

When was the last time the Gophers pulled a true upset like that at home?

Axe>Pig>Jug, so I vote Axe. As frustrated as I am with the losing streak, I care more about beating wisconsin than Iowa. Unless winning the pig puts us in theB1G title game. I'd take whichever trophy gets us there over other rivalry considerations.

I want Yost's Yug

Michigan is almost certain to be undefeated and in the top 3-4 teams when that game comes around and it would be one of the biggest wins in the modern history of the program.

When was the last time the Gophers pulled a true upset like that at home?
2019?

Trick question. I want all of those (plus the chair). Would settle for 2 (or 3, counting the chair) but I’m greedy.
The better question is which trophy would you least care to win, but the obvious answer is the bell, so no need for a poll.

The Bell. Means we had a really good season.
The Gophers were 8-0, in the top 15 and a small underdog. By the end of the season it didn't even look like an upset of any sort. But it was a fun game!
We’ll be 5-0 and ranked going into Michigan week. But agree, this will be bigger than PSU 2019.

The Gophers were 8-0, in the top 15 and a small underdog. By the end of the season it didn't even look like an upset of any sort. But it was a fun game!
They could very well be undefeated when Michigan comes to town on October 7 too

Top Bottom