-Which QB Should Start NEXT YEAR?-

Who Should Start In 2010?

• Total voters
Personally, I think that lob back across the field for a pick-six was a big mistake, and I didn't see a single big play to counterbalance that. Thus, at this point, I'll take an even split w/Gray vs. a lopsided discrepency (big mistakes - in a runaway) with Weber.

More then anything else that's my frustration with the Offense and Weber. What's so wrong about getting out of the pocket and taking-off when no one's open or throwing the ball away?:banghead::banghead:

It looks like two things are in play here: It's been hammered into Weber to "stay in the pocket and let things develop" and Weber's conviction that " I can make that throw". Last week when Weber talked about "a lot of things go into sacks' I couldn't help but think how right that was.

Going into the 11th game of a 12 game season it doesn't look like that will change but boy, I wish it would.:horse:

More then anything else that's my frustration with the Offense and Weber. What's so wrong about getting out of the pocket and taking-off when no one's open or throwing the ball away?:banghead::banghead:

It looks like two things are in play here: It's been hammered into Weber to "stay in the pocket and let things develop" and Weber's conviction that " I can make that throw". Last week when Weber talked about "a lot of things go into sacks' I couldn't help but think how right that was.

Going into the 11th game of a 12 game season it doesn't look like that will change but boy, I wish it would.:horse:

I disagree on this. Weber doesn't stay in the pocket, nor does he step up. He does try to buy time to give his receivers more time by scrambling. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The times it doesn't look a lot worse then the times it does. I'm not sure how many points we have gotten from times he scrambled and gave his receivers more time to get open.

I think some of the pressure he gets, he creates himself. The two edge rushers come up, if he steps up then the O-Tackles can drive the speed rush pass him. Unfortunately he turns and tries to run outside, which of course allows the other speed rusher to peel off his block and chase.

The last two weeks weber has pulled the ball down and tried to run more.

"The last two weeks weber has pulled the ball down and tried to run more.

Okay, this I agree with but only in comparison to the rest of the season. There were at least a half a dozen times in the last two games that Weber stopped near the line of scrimmage when he had running room and fired down field. I can only remember one of them being successful but that memory could have been selective.

The frustration I have for him not throwing it away is by staying within the tackle box he can't. When a QB backpedals but stays within the tackle box yeah he's "out of the pocket" but not roaming outside of it enough to be able to throw the ball away.

Gees, with the way people constantly abuse cliché's around here I thought I could get away with that one.:D

My fault. I'll let you abuse all cliché's today only, but don't make me regret it!;)

Top Bottom