-Which QB Should Start NEXT YEAR?-

Who Should Start In 2010?

• Total voters

Nope...it's clear Weber will be starting next week........

Weber will start next year, too

Brew can't change his mind. Gray should have played 50/50 or more in several games this year, including this one.

Kneejerk reaction, I would rather take a loss to Iowa and save Gray's body from that Iowa defensive front than throw him to the wolves. Weber should and will finish out the season, we are bowl eligible. Weber will then have 6-8 months to figure out his throwing motion problems and hang out with his other wide receivers. I've given up on the line. Same players, supposedly improved and stronger with recruited upgrades, and they are garbage. Hope the new kids are the real deal.

Weber should not have been starting the last few weeks let alone starting next year. He SUCKS

Kneejerk reaction, I would rather take a loss to Iowa and save Gray's body from that Iowa defensive front than throw him to the wolves. Weber should and will finish out the season, we are bowl eligible. Weber will then have 6-8 months to figure out his throwing motion problems and hang out with his other wide receivers. I've given up on the line. Same players, supposedly improved and stronger with recruited upgrades, and they are garbage. Hope the new kids are the real deal.

So you believe Weber *SHOULD* start NEXT YEAR?

it will be weber

As long as brew is here, it will be weber. All i ask is for gray to be given one quarter of the game next week. Can it be any worse than what we have now.

Brew - don't lose your job with Mason's guy under center. Play Gray!

Let me guess. The 3 people who voted for Weber are Iowa fans. I must have been the last one on the Weber bandwagon.

I'm going to vote for Moses Alipate. Of him, Gray and Weber, Moses is best suited for running a pro style offense. ;)

If Weber has another bad week, I would re-open the competition for the starting role for the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl.

As far as next year goes, I'm sure MG will be given serious consideration for starting QB.

I would like to see Gray and Alipate get a true chance to compete for the starting spot beginning in the spring. I think both may be better than Weber. Weber's best days are past. Time to move on.

Is either Gray or Weber suited for this 'pro-style offense' Fisch wants to install? Not that I'm an expert in what Fisch proposes to run, but both Weber & Gray's game seem to be better when they get to use their mobility outside of the pocket, and that doesn't seem to be what Fisch's system is about.

Gray should start... and if Brewster wants to finish the season next year, he will start.

I am not a Weber hater, but I do not understand the stubborness the coaching staff is showing by continuing to run him out there. Do folks recall when Gray fumbled against Air Force? He did not see the field again. Was it Wisconsin when Bennett fumbled on the first drive and did not see the field again?

Why isn't Weber held to the same standard? He is in the midst of an absolutely terrible season. Has the offensive line been terrible? I thought today was the worst they have pass protected in a while, but that's exactly why you play a dual-threat quarterback - if the protection breaks down, who poses a bigger threat to run? Gray, of course! And does a QB that is a true threat to run help slow down the pass rush (and help the offensive line)? I believe so, but somebody tell me if I am way off here.

It's not that Weber shouldn't play at all, but he should certainly be held to the same standards that others have been held to and when he is as terrible as he has been this year (with MSU the exception), then he needs to sit - not to give him a lesson, but for the sake of his teammates.

It is beyond frustrating.

I like the assumption that we know who our best quarterback is not just right now, but 9 months from now.

Start Weber

as he is a senior--the first game. But next year dont be so afraid to change QB ---. I think Gray is still a loose cannon out there---big plays and big mistakes. But Brewster cant be afraid to pull the trigger on weber next year just because he is a senior. Wondering if at the end of the season we wont find out that he has been injured or something this year. Guessing Gray isnt setting the world on fire in practice.

as he is a senior--the first game. But next year dont be so afraid to change QB ---. I think Gray is still a loose cannon out there---big plays and big mistakes. But Brewster cant be afraid to pull the trigger on weber next year just because he is a senior. Wondering if at the end of the season we wont find out that he has been injured or something this year. Guessing Gray isnt setting the world on fire in practice.

Personally, I think that lob back across the field for a pick-six was a big mistake, and I didn't see a single big play to counterbalance that. Thus, at this point, I'll take an even split w/Gray vs. a lopsided discrepency (big mistakes - in a runaway) with Weber.

You really want another year of this?

Of course not. I desperately hope we get better QB play next year, and I'd be willing to bet that someone besides Weber takes the majority of snaps for us. I just think its funny that we think we have any sort of insight into who our best quarterback will be next year. It feels akin to starting a poll asking what play we should run on the first play in the second half of our bowl game against an as-yet-to-be-determined opponent.

My vote would be for the best quarterback to start. Being that the coaches spend infinitely more time around these players in practice than we do, I'll trust their judgement. I'll assume that the reason Gray isn't playing more is because he isn't ready yet. They won't even let him throw the ball. What does that tell you about his passing ability or ability to read defenses?

Maybe at some point next year Gray will be the better quarterback. I don't think it's happened yet.

My vote would be for the best quarterback to start. Being that the coaches spend infinitely more time around these players in practice than we do, I'll trust their judgement. I'll assume that the reason Gray isn't playing more is because he isn't ready yet. They won't even let him throw the ball. What does that tell you about his passing ability or ability to read defenses?

Maybe at some point next year Gray will be the better quarterback. I don't think it's happened yet.

Then that means the coaches aren't doing there job and we may need better coaches.......

Being that the coaches spend infinitely more time around these players in practice than we do, I'll trust their judgement. I'll assume that the reason Gray isn't playing more is because he isn't ready yet. They won't even let him throw the ball. What does that tell you about his passing ability or ability to read defenses?

Here we go again with this nonsense.

COACHES MAKE MISTAKES ALL THE TIME. IN FACT, MANY MAKE MORE MISTAKES THAN THEY DO GOOD DECISIONS. THIS IS WHY THEY GET FIRED ALL THE TIME.

It is completely and utterly inexplicable why Weber continues to start. I don't care whether Gray is "ready" or not - it is next to impossible for him to play worse than Weber.

I played intramural football at the U from 1998-2001. I am not exaggerating, even a little bit, when I say that I played with, and against, more than one QB who could play better for the Gophers than Adam Weber is right now. And really, that's just pathetic.

Weber was 2nd team all big ten in his second year of an offense. I'll put money on that type of player to beat out the backup during spring/fall competition.

And I chuckled at the intramural competition comment. Most football players know a lot of guys that are good without pads on. Then the pads come on and they end up playing intramural. Just saying.

Here we go again with this nonsense.

It is completely and utterly inexplicable why Weber continues to start. I don't care whether Gray is "ready" or not - it is next to impossible for him to play worse than Weber.

I played intramural football at the U from 1998-2001. I am not exaggerating, even a little bit, when I say that I played with, and against, more than one QB who could play better for the Gophers than Adam Weber is right now. And really, that's just pathetic.

Your incredible insight into the state of college quarterbacking notwithstanding, it is eminently possible for Gray to be worse than Weber.

As of right now, Weber is ranked #87 in quarterback ranking....not good by any means, but FAR from the worst. He's also playing with a hand tied behind his back, due to the horrible run game and porous offensive line.
I'm not saying he should't be better, or that Gray would need to outperform Weber to justify playing him. Just that it's idiotic to think that Gray wouldn't have a good shot at playing worse.

Top Bottom