Which Other Twins Are Traded Before The Deadline?

Bye Bye??

• Kepler

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Berrios

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Buck

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Pineda

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Simmons

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Rogers

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Polanco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sano

• Happ

• Larnacch (JK)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Twins aren't ballsy enough to trade Berrios or Buxton even though they should seriously listen to conversations. Rogers is their next biggest trade asset but also under team control next year so I say no even though they should listen there too.

Pineda, Simmons, Robles will all be gone and hopefully can net 1 decent piece between the 3 of them. Happ probably won't get them many conversations.

Edit:

If I'm GM'ing like you say I am dangling Berrios HARD in front of San Diego, LA, Toronto, etc. with the expectation I get 2 top 5 prospects from them. If nobody bites I work really hard on getting a deal done with him. I think he's more important than Buxton is even though Buxton has a higher ceiling at his prospective position.

If you can trade Pineda for a top 10 prospect from any team you do it.

Maybe you come out of the deadline with 2-3 guys who can be in your rotation full time in 2023, a position player to put out there with Kiriloff, Larnach, Rooker, Lewis, and what is left of Polanco and Kepler, and maybe you still have Berrios or Buxton.

Last edited:

I only picked Berrios because Buxton was not an option. Only picked that because "Shooter" wrote to expect both of them in the lineup next year.

ninja edit: Just saw "Buck" as an option and blipped over it.

Pineda, Simmons and Robles. No one will take Happ. I would try to demand that someone take Sano in one of these trades if possible.

The Twins aren't ballsy enough to trade Berrios or Buxton even though they should seriously listen to conversations. Rogers is their next biggest trade asset but also under team control next year so I say no even though they should listen there too.

Pineda, Simmons, Robles will all be gone and hopefully can net 1 decent piece between the 3 of them. Happ probably won't get them many conversations.

Edit:

If I'm GM'ing like you say I am dangling Berrios HARD in front of San Diego, LA, Toronto, etc. with the expectation I get 2 top 5 prospects from them. If nobody bites I work really hard on getting a deal done with him. I think he's more important than Buxton is even though Buxton has a higher ceiling at his prospective position.

If you can trade Pineda for a top 10 prospect from any team you do it.

Maybe you come out of the deadline with 2-3 guys who can be in your rotation full time in 2023, a position player to put out there with Kiriloff, Larnach, Rooker, Lewis, and what is left of Polanco and Kepler, and maybe you still have Berrios or Buxton.
Among the arguments for reloading for 22: Even if you think we can't catch the White Sox, I expect MLB to expand to either 6 or 8 play-off teams, even though I wish they wouldn't.

Among the arguments for reloading for 22: Even if you think we can't catch the White Sox, I expect MLB to expand to either 6 or 8 play-off teams, even though I wish they wouldn't.
I can see a 3rd wild-card and have an NBA-style single game type deal.

WC3@WC2, then the winner plays WC1 to advance to play the #1 Seed.

Can we go back to 4?

$$$

If they just want more games for TV, they should just expand the WC round to 3 games and the Divisional Round to 7 instead of adding teams.
The more teams still in it down the stretch sells more tickets.

I disagree, long-term at least. It runs the risk of making the regular season meaningless as it is in the NBA/NHL.
Not necessarily, if they keep the incentive for Division Winners getting a bye then that still makes the regular season meaningful, IMO.

Top Bottom