Which NIL to support?

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
I apologize if there is already a thread on this. I did search but the term NIL was too short. So Derrick Burns just launched one called Dinkytown Athletes and I believe there is another. Any advice to a guy that could maybe support one?
Also just received a cool CrAB t shirt that supports Chris via licensed product and ordered one that supports Mo. Both seem like fun ways to support just two of our deserving student athletes.

Chris shirt https://collegethread.com/products/...man-bell-_gildan_gildan-heavy-cotton™-t-shirt
Mo shirt

The two NIL platforms are

Players Twin Cities NIL - football players started this and it’s for football players only. All funds go to players.

Dinkytown Athletes - funding to most of the U’s student athletes and you can choose which team sport to fund, but you’ll be paying Derek Burns and Gags a percentage so not all funds go to players

I donated to both

Don’t support Twin Cities NIL IMO. Look into the company behind it that runs it and you’ll see a bunch of red flags.

Go DT Athletes. It’s the one the University has a better relationship with. PJ endorsed it and all the UMN social accounts follow it.

Just my 2 cents.

Twin Cities NIL group is hosting their own tailgate before the game with their location just announced today to us donors. They’re trying to be exclusive and only sharing their tailgate location near the stadium for their donors.

I wouldn’t count them out. They’re in their infancy stage so I’m sure more perks (depending on your donor level/status) will come.

Last edited:

Twins Cities NIL promised some merchandise for different donation levels. Months later and I still haven’t received anything.

I think I am going with dinkytown athletes from here.

Twins Cities NIL promised some merchandise for different donation levels. Months later and I still haven’t received anything.

I think I am going with dinkytown athletes from here.
Me neither! 😆

I went with both so either way…

Speaking of DTA, since I signed up yesterday, I haven’t heard from them on my donation. Not even an email? Not sure if they’re swamped in processing new donations?

The two NIL platforms are

Players Twin Cities NIL - football players started this and it’s for football players only. All funds go to players.

Dinkytown Athletes - funding to most of the U’s student athletes and you can choose which team sport to fund, but you’ll be paying Derek Burns and Gags a percentage so not all funds go to players

I donated to both
As did I.

Public announcement, I just spoke to Derek Burns and learned that DTA is experiencing IT issues where after you signed up a membership, you didn’t receive an email confirmation.

It happened to me. I signed up on Monday 9/26 when they launched, they charged my card, but I never received an email confirmation! I waited two days and still nothing so I reached out to Derek to see what’s going on?

Derek said hopefully things will be fixed by next week.

So if you signed up and didn’t get an email confirmation and your payment had been taken, you’ll be good.

I just signed up on dinkytown athletes and did receive an email so maybe it’s working now. Still seems a little loosey goosey but we will see where it goes.

Also I think I just received confirmation that the jersey I am supposed to receive from twin cities NIL club has shipped.

I don’t know but I think I would rather just hand out envelopes with $100s in them after games.

Wonder who the private donors are. Would be nice to see us start to propagate some bigger money fish to keep up

Top Bottom