Which college football fans drink the most per game? (#1. Neb, #2. MN, #3. wi)

Stupid study. Perhaps there is money selling stupid studies. I need to learn more as I could use a few extra bucks.

Well, maybe a subset of them, but according to an article in the USA Today in 2018, West Virginia had the lowest rate of excessive drinking of any state. That doesn't surprise me because the state registers fairly high on religiosity and the state also had high prevalence of dry counties until relatively recently. It's also one of the least Catholic states in the US which is significant because culturally Catholic populations tend to be the least hostile towards drinking among Christian sects. I've gone to very few Catholic church sponsored festivals or block parties over the years that didn't sell alcohol in some form.
Yep, we Catholics are a bunch of drunks.

Also....without many comparisons....how does the Bank's offerings stack up against other schools? Seems that you can go a number of routes in terms of alcohol choices here. Might influence the number of drinks purchased.
The "selection" at Kinnick was an absolute disgrace, consisted of Coors Light, Busch Light, and 1 crappy seltzer option.

On the other hand, Memorial in Bloomington was great. They had a bunch of craft options from the local brewery (Upland).

The "selection" at Kinnick was an absolute disgrace, consisted of Coors Light, Busch Light, and 1 crappy seltzer option.

On the other hand, Memorial in Bloomington was great. They had a bunch of craft options from the local brewery (Upland).
That's so Iowa. Seriously, who sells Busch Light at a sporting event?

I've been to Morgantown. That's a college town and quite probably among the wettest places in the state historically. I remember doing a road trip many years ago through West Virginia and my group had a difficult time finding beer to purchase. After failing at multiple stops, I asked a guy at a rural road side gas station/convenience store "Is this a dry state?" He replied "Mostly." Now, as I understand, things have changed since then.

Judging West Virginia by Morgantown is a little like judging Utah by Salt Lake City.
Utah's reputation as a nearly dry state is unwarranted these days. I was there last month on vacation, and a lot of those silly laws are gone, and they have a phenomenal craft beer scene.

They surveyed around 2k fans over 21 years of age. How scientific of them.

I'm in the "not so sure about the results here" camp.
Was it the fact they surveyed "over 2k" fans in all of college football that were only over the age of 21 and actually gave a response?

If anyone believes those results, then I'll bet ya 12 million bitcoin that MN doesn't win the Natty next year.
Any takers?

Top Bottom