Which coach do you hate more Bielema of Brewster

phipedes

Reaction score
After today's game it is really pretty close. My love for the Gophers tells me to pick Brewster, my hate for the badgers and the stinking arrogant acehole says its Beilema in a walk.

Brewster.

Although bielema's comment about not "its on the coaching card" makes me wonder.

But it wasn't bielema that made me embarrassed to be a gopher fan.

bielema went for two because he could-was it classless, yes, but to the victors go the spoils

Four years of flapping his lips in the newspapers... I don't feel too bad for Brewster. If he didn't like it, he should've tried doing something about it... like coaching, including onside kicks and good use of timeouts.

I hate them both. The one who wins, however, gets somewhat of a pass. The guy who loses does not.

enema He rode the coattails of BA and still plays the weakest non conference schedule in the Big ten. They will be no better than 4 and 4 in the big ten this year

Brewster, not even close.

Bielema wins games. Yeah, he's a d-bag, but the Badgers are consistently ranked, have winning records, and go to decent bowl games. I wouldn't care if the Gophers hired Charles Manson to coach the team if he put a winning product on the field.

Bielema by a long shot. If you're going to try and run up the score by going for two, at least admit it instead of saying "the card says you go for two when you're up by 25 points." BS!

Brewster is a great guy who has given everything he has to this program. Unfortunately, he is just not a good football coach. I don't hate Brewster at all, I hate Maturi for being a terrible AD.

Bielema by a long shot. If you're going to try and run up the score by going for two, at least admit it instead of saying "the card says you go for two when you're up by 25 points." BS!

Brewster is a great guy who has given everything he has to this program. Unfortunately, he is just not a good football coach. I don't hate Brewster at all, I hate Maturi for being a terrible AD.

I call BS. If he says "we were tying to run it up" you'd bitch about that too. Stop the other team is the only way to avoid having to bitch.

Meanwhille, giving your all to the program is for HS JV coaches. Brewster may have given his all, but he talked a big game and never backed it up. His all was never good enough, so talking his game is crap.

I call BS. If he says "we were tying to run it up" you'd bitch about that too. Stop the other team is the only way to avoid having to bitch.

Meanwhille, giving your all to the program is for HS JV coaches. Brewster may have given his all, but he talked a big game and never backed it up. His all was never good enough, so talking his game is crap.

Of course I would bitch about it because it's classless to go for two when you're up by 25 points. As I said in another thread, if Bielema has a problem with Brewster, he should be a man and tell him face-to-face.

I hate Bart Bielema by far.
1. Burt Bielema gives Brewster a split-second handshake in 2007.
2. Brent Bielema has his squad run through the MN team and band to cut down the goalposts while Hail Minnesota was being sung in 2009.
3. Biff Bielema goes for 2 up 25 points in 2010.

I wish Brewster was no longer our coach but I don't hate him. I actually feel bad for him. He's tried his best but was put into a position he wasn't qualified for.

Hate is a very strong word. I don't hate Brewster in the least. I just want him gone.

And Ben Bulmia I don't hate either. I just view him as the enemy naturally, and on top of that feel he's just kind of a peckerhead, much more so than is average in my opinion. For example I don't feel like Ferentz is a jerk, or D'Antionio or Tressel, but I do feel like Balmea is and very much so. He's just a natural-born creep.

I give Coach Brewster credit for standing up for his team in the press conference and telling it like it is about the 2 point attempt. It was bush but what else would you expect from brent enema. There is no other coach in the Big Ten that would be that classless.

If Bert was our coach, we would adore him. Let's get real here.

And I don't hate Brewster. I'm sure he's a decent person. I hate the fact that he was hired to be our football coach and our program as in as bad of a state as I can ever recall.

Brewster will be gone, and I will respect the hard work and dedication he put into the program.

Bulimia is a serious problem, and is with us for the foreseeable future. I hate Bulimia more.

I don't hate Brewster at all. I just want a new coach.

After Bitch Brewster flaps his gums in the media about running over to get the axe. To the victor go the spoils.

And I'm so sure Bielema instructed his players to run over and chop those goalposts down.

Either way, win or shut up.

After Bitch Brewster flaps his gums in the media about running over to get the axe. To the victor go the spoils.

And I'm so sure Bielema instructed his players to run over and chop those goalposts down.

Either way, win or shut up.

You may not be aware of this, but the winning team goes over and gets the axe.

Players often take on the attributes of their coaches. Case in point, for the last several years MN has led the league in penalties which is a sign of a lack of discipline. Badger players showed a lack of class which when you see how their coach acts, is also self-evident.

I don't hate Brewster at all. I just want a new coach.

This.

It's absurd to hate our head coach, no matter how inept he is. That's far more classless than BB's doouchbagedness.

Although, I didn't need his 'running up the score' to hate him more than anything. The time he puts on that God-awful red 'W' hat and gear is the time I hate him to eternity.

Any regular poster here who says Brewster should be banned immediately.

2. Brent Bielema has his squad run through the MN team and band to cut down the goalposts while Hail Minnesota was being sung in 2009.
3. Biff Bielema goes for 2 up 25 points in 2010.

I wish Brewster was no longer our coach but I don't hate him. I actually feel bad for him. He's tried his best but was put into a position he wasn't qualified for.

THIS.

this game cemented forever that Brewster is not up to the task and Bielema is a tool.
Brewster will go to be an asst elsewhere. Bielema will coach for awhile. He will leave Wisconsin with a very good record but no Big Ten Championships. He will also leave with a reputation as a first class jerk. Sports reveals character and he has none. From his playing days when he was disrespectful to the Iowa St. coach to the 2 point conversion today, he is still a tool.
I hate Bielema far worse and hope our next coach doesn't resemble him in any way.

Butt Bulemia, he is fantastically qualified to be hated, from looks to actions. Brewster truly loves our program and has done everything he can to make it better. He has embraced our history and made it current, he has traveled without rest across our state to spread Gopher pride, He has created a family of Gopher players and stuck up for them. He is overwhelmed as a first time head coach and he should and will be replaced, but "hate" him, I do not.

Agreed. You can be a good man without perfection in your job. Coach Brewster made every attempt to bring back Gopher history and remind people that this program has had success. Mason was more interested in his salary and the country club while Coach Brewster has tried to connect with the past and MN high schools. I believe his downfall were too many early promises and changing D and O schemes too often. I will always respect his attempt to bring back the past to make the future more promising. If he is gone after this year I expect nothing but class from him and I look for him to succeed somewhere in the near future.

If you would have put brent enema in this job four years ago with the talent level here do you really think he would have been a success?

If Bert was our coach, we would adore him. Let's get real here.

And I don't hate Brewster. I'm sure he's a decent person. I hate the fact that he was hired to be our football coach and our program as in as bad of a state as I can ever recall.
I don't know about that. Denny Green wasn't exactly the most beloved man in Minnesota and he won a lot of games, just not the right ones.

I don't know about that. Denny Green wasn't exactly the most beloved man in Minnesota and he won a lot of games, just not the right ones.

Yeah, but there's a different standard for the Vikings and Gophers. Adore was probably a strong word choice on my part. We can dislike the guy, but he's a significantly better coach than what we have now and we'd probably be pretty happy with the results he's getting Wisky.

Burt, not even close.
A) He's the Badger's coach.
B) Hawkeye tattoo.

How can you not hate an ahole like BB. At least Brew has the guts to call him out to his face. Given my belief that Gopher football will never be back Hiring another coach hasn't solved anything in the last 50 years , I'm favoring Brewster staying for as long as he wants. His calling out BB at midfield won my support. GO BREW.

Top Bottom