Where will Minnesota be ranked?

The box score should speak for itself, and since AP voters don't watch the games, it'll help. Or they just declare MSU another cupcake.
1664080662768.png

If someone votes for Washington above Minnesota, they should have the AP privileges revoked.

I mean....Washington jumped to where they are based upon beating MSU at home. We beat them on the road in an even more dominating fashion.

That said....voters don't care about that. And Washington is very good too. Quite possibly the best team in the Pac-12.

We will probably be ranked about 18, but really should be even higher. If we had been ranked even like 23rd in the preseason poll, we would be ranked about 8th this week.

Losses so far

Looks like , Florida (20) and Miami (25) will go down with Wake (21) also dropping their game. Oregon (15) and Texas (22) also in trouble and one of Ark (10) and A&M (23) have to lose. Should make abuot 5 spots available so I'd say we end up around 22 or 23
I agree with this! Not enough down movement in the 15-20 teams to get them in the top 20. Will definitely see them crack the top 25 I believe.

Did anyone listen to the postgame presser? Very odd in that PJ spent 2/3 of his comments kissing MSU ass and saying how special of a place MSU is and also special to people on his staff. In any other situation I would say someone was lobbying for job. Why wouldn't you focus on your team and their performance.
Or he's lobbying for a high poll ranking!

I say something with a “1” in front.

No way we’re in the 20s

Everywhere I’ve read in the media in the last 5 hours were high on Gophers mentioning “BCS & Gophers” in the same sentence….

We’ll be in the teens if not in top 10 👍
Voters aren't going to jump the Gophers ahead of the 11-20 ranked teams who also won this weekend! They should, but it's not likely.

It depends how many times Pat Forde gets to vote. The Gophers will remain unranked if Pat can get his way.

It’s crazy to me.
I am going to predict 23 after how last night wrapped up.

However, if Michigan state had beaten Washington they would’ve been 10th yesterday. And In that case Minnesota would be top 12 later today.

So the difference between Minnesota being 23rd and 12th is Washington losing to Michigan state.
Aka polls are dumb

I think 21-25. Rather than viewing us as really good based on this game, they’ll see Michigan State as worse than they thought, and we won’t get credit for that.

But at 4-0 with a road P5 win in dominating fashion (again), I think it’ll be impossible for voters to leave them out.

If Minnesota were in the SEC with the same schedule, we’d be top 10.

CFN's own ranking has us here...

View attachment 20704
I honestly think this is where MN belongs. The 2019 team finished ranked 10 or 11, I believe...and this team is just as good IMO. Who wants to play this team right now?
  • TWO Heisman contenders (ESPN ranks Mo #4 and PFF noted Tanner is the higest rated QB in the country and will get Heisman hype is this continues)
  • Starting defense that's surrendered only 3 points in 4 games
  • Top 3 in the country in both total O and D

Because this is how class acts act.

Yes, reminds me of Winston Churchill's very humble, almost apologetic letter to the Japanese explaining that Britain was declaring war against them. When questioned about it, he replied "If you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

We will enter at 18....and go up from there as we continue to crush opponents.

Top Bottom