Where will Mbakwe be 2 years from now?

Where will Trevor Mbakwe be 2 years from today?

• Total voters

GopherJake

Reaction score
Curious to see where you think Trevor will end up a couple years from today?

Wishing he hadn't paid back that tuition money so that he'd be able to afford a lawyer on his next DUI.

Working at McDonald's to pay his Basketball Scholarship money for 2013 per his tweet .

Why is "playing for the Gopher" not an option?!?

Def. overseas unless he can somehow put together at least a little offensive game

Getting schooled by Dusty Rychart in the Australian League.

Option 5 is insulting....just like your post

Why is option 5 insulting? It isn't as if he has a Snow White clean record. It wasn't meant to be offensive. It is a realistic possibility. Maybe very low percentage, but realistic, nonetheless.

I chose Overseas. I just cannot see how he could possibly make an NBA roster at this point. Maybe, though, he just needs another year to get the full bounce back in his step? What concerns me is his hands. They are a liability right now - outside of rebounding - which is puzzling to me.

Why is option 5 insulting? It isn't as if he has a Snow White clean record. It wasn't meant to be offensive. It is a realistic possibility. Maybe very low percentage, but realistic, nonetheless.

I chose Overseas. I just cannot see how he could possibly make an NBA roster at this point. Maybe, though, he just needs another year to get the full bounce back in his step? What concerns me is his hands. They are a liability right now - outside of rebounding - which is puzzling to me.

While it may be offensive to some, its hard to argue with some of the choices he's made. His poor decision on the court vs the Illini in that key possession with the Gophers down one (when he threw the ball into the 3rd row) kinda mirrors his off court decisions. Reckless and not very well thought out. Also, I'd have to question any man's character when he's violent towards women. Trev deserves that option and I wouldn't be shocked if he does something stupid between now and his probation period ending.

An eighth year senior at the University of Minnesota.

For the record, he was never convicted with "violence against women". Yeah he got one DUI. Everyone makes mistakes and his just got more notice since he is an athlete. Trevor is an absolute stand-up guy and I am hoping he goes far in his basketball career.

I am hoping he goes far in his basketball career.

Me too. I think in his heart, he is a genuinely terrific person. But to advance his b-ball career, he needs to stay out of trouble and improve his basketball skills. This year - injury rehab notwithstanding - he has taken a step sideways, at best, in both.

While it may be offensive to some, its hard to argue with some of the choices he's made. His poor decision on the court vs the Illini in that key possession with the Gophers down one (when he threw the ball into the 3rd row) kinda mirrors his off court decisions. Reckless and not very well thought out. Also, I'd have to question any man's character when he's violent towards women. Trev deserves that option and I wouldn't be shocked if he does something stupid between now and his probation period ending.

One of the more ridiculous things you've ever come up with. Actually, i take that back. It is the dumbest thing you've ever come up with. With all of the dumb turnovers this team has made this year, that must mean damn near every player on the team is one step away from being in jail. For example, I'd hate to find out the dastardly thing Oto did that mirrors that long pass crosscourt against Iowa that was picked off resulting in his dumb foul on the layup.

For the record, he was never convicted with "violence against women". Yeah he got one DUI. Everyone makes mistakes and his just got more notice since he is an athlete. Trevor is an absolute stand-up guy and I am hoping he goes far in his basketball career.

Miami Dade Police Report: According to a police report, a woman said there was a party at her Miami apartment complex for the Miami Dade College basketball team, Mbakwe's junior college team. She was walking from her vehicle to her apartment shortly before 3 a.m. April 3, according to the police report, when a man allegedly rode up on a bicycle and asked her if she was "(expletive) up."

"She ignored him, frightened and began to walk faster," the police report said. "The def(endant) rode beside her and asked if she was OK. She answered, 'Yes.' Then, the def(endant) dropped the bike and approached the victim. The def(endant) attempted to pull her pants down. The victim began to yell for help, and then the def(endant) punched her in the face, knocking her down.

"The victim got up and attempted to run away, when the def(endant) punched her again in the face," the report said. "The def(endant) got back on his bike. The victim called 911."

The woman was hospitalized, according to the police report, and suffered a fractured cheekbone and ruptured sinus. The woman identified Mbakwe, 20, from a photograph by searching online for the Miami Dade basketball team, according to the police report.

Not convicted is like Lance Armstrong saying never tested positive. It rings hollow. Did you ever read the police report from Miami Dade? The fact that the girl was too scared to testify doesn't mean he didn't do it. Stand up guys don't bash women's faces. They also don't stalk and violate terms of probation or get DUI's. I've rooted for him to get his act together for about 4 years now. I'm not saying he can't become a standup guy but his actions in the past 4 years have created plenty of reason to question.

To Mulligan above, I admire your faith in all things Maroon and Gold but his track record off the court is about as wild as it is on the court. He's a bit all over the place. Flailing away, flopping and falling to the court way too much in my opinion. His reckless passing cost us the Illini game.

One of the more ridiculous things you've ever come up with. Actually, i take that back. It is the dumbest thing you've ever come up with. With all of the dumb turnovers this team has made this year, that must mean damn near every player on the team is one step away from being in jail. For example, I'd hate to find out the dastardly thing Oto did that mirrors that long pass crosscourt against Iowa that was picked off resulting in his dumb foul on the layup.

You haven't blocked him yet?

Based on what I've read about Mbakwe here lately, he currently has a restraining order with one woman, allegedly assaulted another woman violently in Miami, and knocked up a 3rd woman who he may or may not still be with.

Hardly a stand-up guy if you ask me.

Based on what I've read about Mbakwe here lately, he currently has a restraining order with one woman, allegedly assaulted another woman violently in Miami, and knocked up a 3rd woman who he may or may not still be with.

Hardly a stand-up guy if you ask me.

It's interesting we have a post like this and in another thread a post talking about how misjudged and wonderful Dutcher's players were.

It's interesting we have a post like this and in another thread a post talking about how misjudged and wonderful Dutcher's players were.

Trev and his "bring me the phone white girl" is a great testament to all he learned at the U.....

That's the sort of class I'd expect from someone with Bucky in his moniker.

Oh cmon man, it was listed as an option and he has been in some trouble. He seems to not be able to keep his nose clean. I feel that he may slip up again and a judge will not be so forgiving. If you think I am saying this because I am a badger fan as well, you are completely wrong! Look in the Rodney Williams 2 years from now thread...I said he will be in the NBA or starring in the NBDL. Difference between the two, is one is a good kid the other one makes stupid mistakes.

Top Bottom