Where will AZ look now???

94Gopher

Reaction score
Pearl signed an extension. Capel is about to. So many others have already moved or said they aren't going anywhere. Just curious if anybody has heard anything?

Supposedly Sean Miller is their next target. One guy on their board says expect an announcement on Monday, but as you can imagine, the fan base is a bit skeptical.

Last season's coach of the year from the SEC is available.

Supposedly Sean Miller is their next target. One guy on their board says expect an announcement on Monday, but as you can imagine, the fan base is a bit skeptical.

Hmm. I remember some other message board a week ago saying an announcement was coming on Monday, they were absolutely sure. Who was that again?

No sources on this one but from what I understand there is a growing movement to take a chance on Josh Pastner. I do know someone who knows Pastner and by all accounts he is going to be an assistant at UK but how would you turn down being the head man at a place you played, won a championship at and served as an assistant under Lute.

A lot of UofA fans aren't really happy with Livengood right now. They seem to think he royally screwed the pooch after making some huge promises about this hire. There's a rumor floating around that Pitino would have accepted but he made some demands that Livengood wouldn't meet in regards to charter flights and recruiting budgets.

No sources on this one but from what I understand there is a growing movement to take a chance on Josh Pastner. I do know someone who knows Pastner and by all accounts he is going to be an assistant at UK but how would you turn down being the head man at a place you played, won a championship at and served as an assistant under Lute.

A lot of UofA fans aren't really happy with Livengood right now. They seem to think he royally screwed the pooch after making some huge promises about this hire. There's a rumor floating around that Pitino would have accepted but he made some demands that Livengood wouldn't meet in regards to charter flights and recruiting budgets.

I have no inside info, but my instinct is that Pitino can't leave Lousiville right now because it could too easily be interpreted as running away from Cal/KY. What do you think?

Pitino's not leaving Louisville unless the AD left. They're best of friends. If you don't think that matters, ask Billy Donovan who is real tight with AD Foley. Also, Pitino is in the horse business. He loves horses and living in a metropolis, so Louisville is really for him. I don't see him leaving really.

It was a rumor that I don't buy. Pitino has too many things going at UofL (Billy Minardi's family, new arena, grooming Ricky Jr.) that he'd leave. I think it was something put out by Arizona people unhappy with Livengood....but I do think Pitino loves attention and I have no doubt someone involved with him took a call and toyed with 'Zona a bit before saying no. He likes to do that. Pitino is many things but he doesn't usually run from challenges. I know, no matter what is said in public, he's smarting from the UK hire and a little bit pissed BUT he's looking forward to the challenge. I really think if UofL had won it this year he would have retired. He's still chasing what he did at UK to an extent and it hasn't happened yet.

As to Donovan's relationship with Foley: His relationship with Pitino is stronger. I'll leave it at that.

Top Bottom