Where to chow down for breakfast

RaT

Reaction score
Hello all. I am incredibly excited to be able to go to this weekends game against Cal. I am going to the game with a coworker and two of our clients and am wondering where a terrific place to eat breakfast around campus? Any recommendations?

go to Al's in Dinkytown. Just make sure you're not claustrophobic.

Well considering Al's accommodates like 12 people. You might wait for a while but it's totally worth it.

I heard Al's is incredibly hard to get a seat. Is that true?

Al's opens at 6 AM. For an 11:00 kickoff, I'd be there at or about that time, then go tailgating until it's time to go.

When going to al's, the golden rule is get there at least 15 mins before it opens to assure yourself of a spot, but if you get in it is great. the food is good but what I think is even better than that is just the atmosphere.

Knowing me and at least one of the other guy's weekend tendencies, I can safely scratch off Al's as a possibilty. All this talk of 6 AM is making my head spin.

Stub and Herbs and Sally's is more of a Bar/Grill correct?

There is a key up University towards St. Paul not that far

Key's cafe. They serve breakfast and although likely busy, you will probably be able to be seated in there
by 08:00 AM depending on the crunch. I don't remember the side street but we have eaten at the Keys there just take the University exit off 280 and then a left turn at the top of the ramp. It will be another left about 1-2 blocks up at the stop light, there is a US bank nearby can't miss it and they have good food.

I had a great breakfast quesadilla at Blarney's on Saturday morning. Highly recommended if you don't feel like waiting at Al's.

Sally's has a breakfast skillet called "hangover heaven" or something like that. It's pretty good, decent amount of food and it's only 6-7 bucks. Had it when I went to the preview, so they serve it at least until noon. I believe that is their only breakfast type option though.

My family all ate at Blarneys for breakfast and it was great. Stuffed French Toast, Skillets, Cakes, Mimosas and Bloodys. Not many people and great food. Also they have a shuttle for when it gets cold and after the game we went back there for drinks and they had live music with no cover and some of the football team showed up towards the end of the night. After leaving this place I recommend the Pizza by the Slice place on 4th. The Mac N Cheese Pizza and Steak and French Fry Pizza is to die for.

There's always the Egg and I at the International Court building at 280 and University; a bit off campus but it's good, too.

After leaving this place I recommend the Pizza by the Slice place on 4th. The Mac N Cheese Pizza and Steak and French Fry Pizza is to die for.

It's called Mesa. If it was on the U's meal plan it wouldn't be more popular among students. It is good though. I have no idea if they are doing some crazy breakfast pizza, good possibility though.

Top Bottom