Where does Jackson rank?

Good topic @gopherbadgerman

Couple interesting notes regarding receivers previously mentioned -

Spaeth was the John Mackey Award Winner in 2006. In addition to his prodigious reviving talents, he was a hellish blocker.

Decker was ready to matriculate to St. John’s to play for the Johnnie’s, until Mase offered him his last scholarship in that class; this was his only scholarship offer. I think as recruiting has evolved/matured and been provided more exposure via technology, he wouldn’t be as overlooked now, as he was then.

Eric Decker is my number one. Jackson seems to slot in around #5 with a strong finish to the season. Bateman and Tyler Johnson were awesome but I do believe they benefited from each other being dangerous in opponents eyes...how do we stop them both?

I think he has flown below the radar a bit. Part of that is he hasn't had consistent play from the QB and he's not as explosive (or the offense isn't designed to allow him to be explosive) as some of the other guys mentioned above. But he is clutch and has made so many great catches during his time with the Gophers.
Forget career stats. He played three years in a run heavy offense compounded with a year with AK. He's a Gopher great alongside Bateman, TJ, and Decker.

Forget career stats. He played three years in a run heavy offense compounded with a year with AK. He's a Gopher great alongside Bateman, TJ, and Decker.
I don't know if you are responding to me because I never mentioned his career stats. His production compared to others has clearly suffered due to both system and QB play. I was only comparing his physicality compared to the other receivers mentioned earlier. It will be interesting to see how he tests at the combine in terms of strength and speed. His receiving skills are excellent.

I don't know if you are responding to me because I never mentioned his career stats. His production compared to others has clearly suffered due to both system and QB play. I was only comparing his physicality compared to the other receivers mentioned earlier. It will be interesting to see how he tests at the combine in terms of strength and speed. His receiving skills are excellent.
Someone mentioned career in comparing DJ to someone else.

Personally, I don't care how he tests in the combine. Great physical skills obviously help but some guys have an innate ability to make the big play. Danny is one of those.

Now, if you want a combination of elite athletic skills and that innate ability to make the big play you have Koi Perich and AWJ.

Top Bottom