Where did they go?

Jessica Alba Fan Club

Resident Patrick Bateman
Reaction score
Am I missing something? What happened to all the Ken Niumatalolo and Kevin Sumlin talk?

Hopefully Sumlin is off the table. Houston has just gone down hill since their one good season 2 years ago.

Sid strongly implied today that Sumlin decided he wasn't interested because he doesn't know anything about the new president and he's unsure how long Maturi will stay. Sid said this was a factor with other candidates as well. I know, it's Sid talking, but he does talk to a lot of people.

Sid strongly implied today that Sumlin decided he wasn't interested because he doesn't know anything about the new president and he's unsure how long Maturi will stay. Sid said this was a factor with other candidates as well. I know, it's Sid talking, but he does talk to a lot of people.

It's also a face-saving way for a rumored candidate or his supporters to say "they didn't offer it to me". We'll hear a lot of that the next few weeks.

Ice, good point. I really think that's what happened with Fulmer who said it wasn't a good fit. As far as Navy Ken goes, there was never anything but rumors that we were or are interested.

Houston finished 104 in the nation in total defense.
I hope they pass on Sumlin. (no pun intended)
The Gophers finished 75

After they looked at his Defense's play I doubt Sumlin was a serious candidate. Wacker ball does not work in the BigTen.
Obviously, Sumlin is not going to say, "gee Sid, they decided they liked teams that can tackle so they quit calling me". but that is very likely the case. There is no reason to think Wisconsin would not beat Houstone 110-21. Not hiring him is the best thing that ever happened to him. He would be a pariah in two years. They got beat up badly by Central Florida, and CF is only okay.

Top Bottom