Where’s McNeilly?

gopherlaney

Reaction score
Anyone have inside intel? The paranoid MN sports fan in me can’t help but think the worst based on the radio silence

I think you mean McNally...like Rand? HQ is in Chicago. Hope this helps.

It's in Pittsburg

I was thinking the music school in DT St Paul...it closed a couple years ago.

Anyone have inside intel? The paranoid MN sports fan in me can’t help but think the worst based on the radio silence
I am guessing that it might have something to do with his nephew. The U has been notorious for being very slow about accepting non-US players. It sounds like it is a package deal and maybe he is awaiting final admission acceptance of his nephew before he jumps in as Associate Head Coach. Not that there is anything wrong with his grades, but you would thing that the paperwork has already been cleared by the NCAA since he was in school at Texas A&M.

So if McNeily transfers, what does his eligibility look like? He redshirted his first year (2019) and opted out of last season. I assume they aren't giving him the option to play 5 years like everyone else that played this year, right? In other words, is his opting out last year taking away the free year everyone gets?

I am guessing that it might have something to do with his nephew. The U has been notorious for being very slow about accepting non-US players. It sounds like it is a package deal and maybe he is awaiting final admission acceptance of his nephew before he jumps in as Associate Head Coach. Not that there is anything wrong with his grades, but you would thing that the paperwork has already been cleared by the NCAA since he was in school at Texas A&M.
I was thinking maybe Jamie is still a Canadian citizen. Not sure, but if so it will take awhile. You get a job offer and the employer then needs to apply to sponsor you. It certainly adds to the process. As would doing backgrounds.

It's in Pittsburg

California?

So if McNeily transfers, what does his eligibility look like? He redshirted his first year (2019) and opted out of last season. I assume they aren't giving him the option to play 5 years like everyone else that played this year, right? In other words, is his opting out last year taking away the free year everyone gets?
Should have 4 years left

Where — in the world — is ...

CARMEN SANDIEGO

It’s so bizarre that we’ve heard nothing regarding this hire since the original rumor. I gotta believe if there was no merit to the rumor, he would’ve came out publicly and said that he’s not going anywhere and happy at Texas A&M.

It’s so bizarre that we’ve heard nothing regarding this hire since the original rumor. I gotta believe if there was no merit to the rumor, he would’ve came out publicly and said that he’s not going anywhere and happy at Texas A&M.
I think the stories of needing to get immigration/visa issues straightened out have merit and are entirely possible. In this case, no news might be good news. The silence can drive you crazy though. Getting Thorson on board reduces the stress though. Any questions come up about him at the press conference today?

I clearly have no insider info, but this last ast coaching spot has a lot of weird vibes. Why is it taking so long? Outside of McNeily no real word on who it may be. People might not like it but is there any shot we are talking to a high profile recruit and waiting to see who they make us hire? Again I understand some don't like it but when a kid like Cunningham, Mobley or maybe even Robbins says that's part of the deal I 100% am OK with that.

I clearly have no insider info, but this last ast coaching spot has a lot of weird vibes. Why is it taking so long? Outside of McNeily no real word on who it may be. People might not like it but is there any shot we are talking to a high profile recruit and waiting to see who they make us hire? Again I understand some don't like it but when a kid like Cunningham, Mobley or maybe even Robbins says that's part of the deal I 100% am OK with that.
Cunningham's brother already done at Ok State. Probably going to be his personal manager at the next level. USC fans think Mobley is pretty legit, so that's cool to see. These connections are still interesting none the less. Our last spot is being saved for Larry Suggs

I don’t think we are close enough to being good to sell the soul of the program like that. We get closer to good and a super star takes us to the next level, maybe it’s worth it. Last place to 9th isn’t worth it.

I don’t think we are close enough to being good to sell the soul of the program like that. We get closer to good and a super star takes us to the next level, maybe it’s worth it. Last place to 9th isn’t worth it.
Ok st was absolute trash 2 years ago, added Cade and boom 4 seed. 1 player really does mean that much.

Cunningham's brother already done at Ok State. Probably going to be his personal manager at the next level. USC fans think Mobley is pretty legit, so that's cool to see. These connections are still interesting none the less. Our last spot is being saved for Larry Suggs
Do you actually have some info we might be saving a spot for Suggs or just guessing?

Ok st was absolute trash 2 years ago, added Cade and boom 4 seed. 1 player really does mean that much.
Sure, but Ben Simmons didn’t make it to the ncaa tournament.

Do you actually have some info we might be saving a spot for Suggs or just guessing?
No, I'm poking the bear Dave Holmgren saying Minnesota needs to hire Larry. If we hired Larry and landed Chet that would be wild. With Larry, other prospects like Prince, Alonzo Dodd, Mercy might come as well. Fun to speculate for now

Top Bottom