When will the players make their next statement?

46Gophers

Reaction score
So Mr. Wolitarsky, after having a chance to see the report, are you and your teammates still prepared to demand that all 10 suspensions be lifted? Times a ticking and your original demands are making this bad situation much worse.

Yep. The kangaroo court is still unjust, despite the allegations in the report.

I hope the players just tell the administration to go to he'll.
Just want to watch the fireworks, will be fun.

If they don't want to play the game then don't. If they do then say you do. The game itself really isn't that important but it does seem like the whole team is being punished when in reality only some of the individuals should be for violations of the code of conduct, the fact that the conduct and behavior was towards another University of Minnesota student, players in custody of a recruit encouraged activity in violation of the conduct code, is the compelling thing that makes this a violation of that code of conduct. That and the reports listed at KSTP appear towards violations occurring, with a review process and chance to defend against the allegations. The appeals process will be heard and the students suspended, they will have their day in front of the board of student conduct review with their attorney. The boycott isn't going to get the 10 that were suspended, back the U is not going to back down from that, as part of the team and current activity's especially not for the bowl game. I would decline the bid even if some students lose out on the experience. Going through all of the questioning and the media scrutiny, in front of the journalist in San Diego at the Bowl, ESPN all of it, just may well not be worth dealing with for players and coaches alike. Those not involved like Wolitarsky will still face many questions.
Might be time to call it a year and for the team, those that will still be here move forward.

First they pick the dumbest possible hashtag for the situation(who would have thought that would be used against them), and then they decide to stand behind something blindly and flat out admit to not knowing the facts yet. And shame on the 10 players for letting them start this whole boycott thing when they had the full report, don't bring the rest of them down with you, at least let them see the report before letting them make such a bold stand, so they know what they should be fighting for and not have to make adjustments later on or flat retract everything.

I get that they are not trying condone the allegations, but they are picking very bad case to piggyback of off to make a point. Court of opinion will not be on their side, and it could likely hurt them later in life.

From the Star Tribune:

"Sources familiar with the discussions told the Star Tribune the players refused to back down from their demand that 10 teammates suspended from the team this week due to a sexual assault allegation be reinstated immediately."

Wow, after having a chance to read the report they are still pushing for this. Due process is one thing to push for but with undisputed aspects of this situation - underage recruit, disparaging statements about women in texts, they seriously want to support these guys. Shut it down for the year and focus on getting a new coaching staff in and damage control. And congrats to the team for embarrassing the state and setting the program back many years.

From the Star Tribune:

"Sources familiar with the discussions told the Star Tribune the players refused to back down from their demand that 10 teammates suspended from the team this week due to a sexual assault allegation be reinstated immediately."

Wow, after having a chance to read the report they are still pushing for this. Due process is one thing to push for but with undisputed aspects of this situation - underage recruit, disparaging statements about women in texts, they seriously want to support these guys. Shut it down for the year and focus on getting a new coaching staff in and damage control. And congrats to the team for embarrassing the state and setting the program back many years.

Well stated. The best we can hope for is to be Rutgers West but something tells me that might be a lofty aspiration. However I'm sure some Pollyannas on here will keep themselves busy pushing around deck chairs on the U of M titanic.

Just embarrassing. I was with them until the release of the report. Now the report is released, and the players still stand behind them? embarrassing.

With most of my posts, and after reading the police report (still havent read the U report) I still want to add that Seth Green seems completely innocent of anything, unlike the other 9, and I hope others will see that too. I'm guessing he is the one suggested for probation, and not suspension or expulsion.

From the Star Tribune:

honestly, if you are one of the 10 players, would you even want to play in the bowl game at this point? You would think they wouldn't want to make public appearances until the situation is taken care of, what do you think is going to come up when they get mentioned on tv. would they even be able to concentrate for the game with this being on their mind? If I'm those players, I would stop worrying about the rest of this season and start working towards saving their college careers. Overall I think the entire team should not play in the bowl game because its going to be the only talk of the game regardless of those players being reinstated or not. Sucks for the seniors, but they put themselves in this situation by taking a bold stand.

From the Star Tribune:

Maybe because the report is utter bull****.

Gophers players preparing statement to forgo the Holiday Bowl. It's done.

Proud of these guys for taking a stand against this. If you don't understand why I can't help you. Those of us that know salute.

If so, that's a shame. They should consider the harm this will do to the program for years to come. A "due process" demand was sensible, but it can't be done in time. The winners will be Kaler and Coyle; the losers everybody else - team, coaches, fans, future players, future fans (if there are any), etc.

The program will be fine, even if it isn't on everyone's timeline. This is bigger than the program or the university.

The winners will be the anti football/athletics administration who would love to see sports replaced by Broadway musicals. I stood by these guys at the beginning because they wanted answers they didn't get before and we're lied to by the prez and AD. Not only were the players mistreated but so we're the coaches. I'm talking mostly about the other 115 players on the roster.

That said, this needs to stop and we need to think of the bigger picture and move forward. Maybe they think without half their dbacks we will get romped, but deep down does Drew Wolitarsky really want to miss out on playing his last football game in front of 100s of his family? C'mon lads...

I don't understand why Antoine Winfield Jr, Seth Green, kobe Mccrary, shenault, and mark Williams are facing suspension. I didn't see them mentioned in any wrong doing in the police report

I don't understand why Antoine Winfield Jr, Seth Green, kobe Mccrary, shenault, and mark Williams are facing suspension. I didn't see them mentioned in any wrong doing in the police report

With the exception of Seth Green, they were in the apartment, supposedly cheering on the action. They were part of the mob, not just allowing it to happen, but encouraging it to happen. That would be worthy of suspension.

Im guessing Seth Green is the one they are suggesting probation for, rather than the suspension, or expulsion. As the girl even states that he appeared sober, and does not believe he was in the apartment where the assault took place. From what I have read, Seth Green seems to have clean hands in all of this. I would hope for no penalty for him, but if its just probation, that's basically nothing. Just a reminder from the school for him to be responsible for fellow students, and be more aware of situations like this.

Read the report. It covers their conduct in great detail and explains why they are being punished. Because the report uses code names you have to guess which player did what. By Monday some GopherHoler will make it into a game everyone can play.

Read the report. It covers their conduct in great detail and explains why they are being punished. Because the report uses code names you have to guess which player did what. By Monday some GopherHoler will make it into a game everyone can play.

I see, I am reading the EOAA report now, has a lot more details than the police report.

After reading both, I believe the team made a mistake, by boycotting the bowl game. Especially the innocent ones, why would they not want to play?

Maybe because the report is utter bull****.

Especially the parts about the players deleting texts, lying, and not being forthcoming. That's all because it was consensual and they didn't feel they did anything that was wrong or violated the student conduct code. It was all perfectly consensual and we stand by it 100%! Here, just look at all these texts, oh wait, we deleted all the text from those days. Well just look at the way all of our stories line up and corroborate with each other, oh wait. But really, we treated this girl with respect, just like we would treat any other human being. Ok, let's here all your big tough guy defense now you manly man. Lmfao. You should move to Tallahassee or Waco. You'd be happier there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom