When will PJ stick up for his team?

Then there is the possibility the ref was technically correct. I don't know the rule...but if the offsides is determined by the pane of glass concept...we probably had an arm offside. If it is only a foot that matters...we got screwed.
Then there is the whole discussion whether the rule is ever enforced as it is written...except against us.
PJ handled things very well.

Then there is the possibility the ref was technically correct. I don't know the rule...but if the offsides is determined by the pane of glass concept...we probably had an arm offside. If it is only a foot that matters...we got screwed.
Then there is the whole discussion whether the rule is ever enforced as it is written...except against us.
PJ handled things very well.
I brought this up in the thread about the call that the ref may have been correct by the exact letter of the law as the rule is written but if refs enforced every rule exactly as written they would throw a flag on every single play.

Offsides is there to keep a team from gaining an advantage.....there was zero advantage gained by an arm or helmet breaking the plain a split second before the kick meaning there should not have been a flag and it is why this is one of the super rare cases where both fanbases and all the talking heads agree that it was a horrible call. Almost never happens where there is universal agreement that the call was bogus.

What the coach says after the game never changes the result. You can write the same speech after every loss. At 2-3 all you want to hear is how we are going to win the next game. Woulda,coulda, shoulda and trite phrases mean nothing. Minnesota has a very thin margin for winning games against any team with a pulse. Unfortunately this year almost all of the teams the gophers have yet to play, with 2 exceptions ,have a pulse

both fanbases and all the talking heads agree that it was a horrible call.
The Michigan fan base has largely moved to the talking points of:
1. Brockington touched the ball before 10 yards, would be reviewed and a re-kick. In reality, he was on the 45 with the ball breaking the plane at the time.
2. We blocked Michigan players before ten yards, would be reviewed and a re-kick. In reality, we touched no one before 10 yards.

It is ridiculous how much these press conferences are getting scrutinized when as has been discussed here numerous times it doesn't really matter what the coach says because someone is going to have a problem with it.

Some act like the only communication that goes on with the league or the players is what is discussed during the post game or early week press conferences.....it is just odd.
The most absurd part is how often there are:

"Why doesn't PJ say ____ !?!?!?!" kinda comments all the time and if they did watch the press conference they'd see PJ say just that as clear as day.

Folks not even looking inexplicably upset or critical that they didn't see anything.

The Michigan fan base has largely moved to the talking points of:
1. Brockington touched the ball before 10 yards, would be reviewed and a re-kick. In reality, he was on the 45 with the ball breaking the plane at the time.
2. We blocked Michigan players before ten yards, would be reviewed and a re-kick. In reality, we touched no one before 10 yards.
I think the rule is that you can't block before the ball goes 10 yards, which I think we either did or were very close to doing.

Top Bottom