When will PJ stick up for his team?

Oregon Gopher

Guardian of the Western Front
Reaction score
Let me preface this question with the fact I’ve always been a PJ fan. I love that he holds his team accountable for their academics, for their community service involvement and the expectation they treat their opponents and the referees with respect.

However- there comes a time when a leader has to stand up for his guys. I know he hadn’t seen the film yet of the bogus onside kick call- but once he sees it I’ll be more than disappointed if he doesn’t express his discontent with the horrific potentially game changing call. His comment about not wanting to embarrass the team or school runs hollow when such egregious calls do nothing but confirm the playing field is not level to the players- and ultimately he’s not going to stand up against the powers that be. This doesn’t go against PJs expectation the players maintain respect for the refs- but it would show he’s fighting for them.

Let me preface this question with the fact I’ve always been a PJ fan. I love that he holds his team accountable for their academics, for their community service involvement and the expectation they treat their opponents and the referees with respect.

However- there comes a time when a leader has to stand up for his guys. I know he hadn’t seen the film yet of the bogus onside kick call- but once he sees it I’ll be more than disappointed if he doesn’t express his discontent with the horrific potentially game changing call. His comment about not wanting to embarrass the team or school runs hollow when such egregious calls do nothing but confirm the playing field is not level to the players- and ultimately he’s not going to stand up against the powers that be. This doesn’t go against PJs expectation the players maintain respect for the refs- but it would show he’s fighting for them.
I think PJ files a formal complaint with the B1G. He’s not a whiner so he’s usually not going to complain at an after game presser.

Top Bottom