When will Frosty be fired?

realistically, I think things would have to go completely off the rails for Frost to get fired during the season.

remember - this is a guy who quarterbacked Nebraska to a share of the national title. He is still a hero to Nebraska fans from his playing career. that is not someone you fire on a whim.

if the close losses turn into lopsided losses, that will up the pressure on the AD.

So, my gut tells me that - IF Frost gets fired, it will be after the season. I don't see any way Frost resigns on his own, unless there was some kind of mutiny by the coaching staff or players.

By $7.5 million. So after 10/1 is a safe guess.
The only way that Nebraska's Frost doesn't get fired this year from Nebraska's is if he wins7-8 games and wins a bowl He will be fired this year then Frost is out, especially after Frost lost to a G5-FBS Georgia Southern team which has a totally new staff, 50 new players, and only won 3 games last year running a totally new offense, because GSU was ranked below 100 this year. . I hope we moved up a lot by beating Nebraska in a scoring game.

If Georgia Southern could beat Nebraska I'm sure the Gophers will beat Nebraska with your DEFENSE and OFFENSE!!!!

THe only thing GSU to win our conference is a mighty defensive improvemint!

The only way that Nebraska's Frost doesn't get fired this year from Nebraska's is if he wins7-8 games and wins a bowl He will be fired this year then Frost is out, especially after Frost lost to a G5-FBS Georgia Southern team which has a totally new staff, 50 new players, and only won 3 games last year running a totally new offense, because GSU was ranked below 100 this year. . I hope we moved up a lot by beating Nebraska in a scoring game.

If Georgia Southern could beat Nebraska I'm sure the Gophers will beat Nebraska with your DEFENSE and OFFENSE!!!!

Talon... You know Georgia Southern is my favorite Division 1 team.

realistically, I think things would have to go completely off the rails for Frost to get fired during the season.

remember - this is a guy who quarterbacked Nebraska to a share of the national title. He is still a hero to Nebraska fans from his playing career. that is not someone you fire on a whim.

if the close losses turn into lopsided losses, that will up the pressure on the AD.

So, my gut tells me that - IF Frost gets fired, it will be after the season. I don't see any way Frost resigns on his own, unless there was some kind of mutiny by the coaching staff or players.
I agree. I don't think anything happens until Oct 1, after the Indiana game.

I also don't think that it benefits anyone to fire a head coach mid-season barring severe misconduct or a mutiny as you say. Especially if the interim guy is almost certain to be a seat filler and not someone they are seriously auditioning. 3 head coaches in 2-3 months is just additional chaos in an already chaotic program.

Nebraska's schedule is very manageable. It could get better. However, they have already lost 2 of the 5 easiest games on their schedule, and got nervously close to losing to North Dakota.

If they can't win those, what hope is there?

What surprises me is the patience they've shown with Frost that they didn't share with Pelini and going back further, Solich. Solich was also a Nebraska hero (the 150 pound blocking fullback on a couple of really good teams), but he had the misfortune of directly following Osborne. Solich had some great teams early, but when things tailed off, the fan base was all over him.

I agree. I don't think anything happens until Oct 1, after the Indiana game.

I also don't think that it benefits anyone to fire a head coach mid-season barring severe misconduct or a mutiny as you say. Especially if the interim guy is almost certain to be a seat filler and not someone they are seriously auditioning. 3 head coaches in 2-3 months is just additional chaos in an already chaotic program.

Nebraska's schedule is very manageable. It could get better. However, they have already lost 2 of the 5 easiest games on their schedule, and got nervously close to losing to North Dakota.

If they can't win those, what hope is there?
See Jeff Horton for what can happen after removing a coach mid-season. It at least breathes some new life into things.

Think about this: it’s the first time in program history Nebby scored 35 or more at home and lost. He’s breaking new ground.

Corn Nation.... still locked in his bathroom....

Frost seemed pretty calm in his post-game interview unlike earlier years. Almost like he's accepting the reality of being a short timer.

I hope you didn't have a bunch of business cards made up introducing yourself as "The Norwegian Nostradamus."

this must be how Minnesota fans felt in the 60s and 70s.
I was thinking the same exact thing!! Hopefully the next 40 years are similar as well!! Maybe some year in the 2060's Neb could be relevant again.

Top Bottom