Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Field

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Ain’t gonna happen - too powerful

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
You all know he is saving the mighty minion power for a special game, so when will we see it! With the new Minions movie in theaters, this should be the year!

I’m going with at PSU to counter the White Out!

FULL BANANA!!!!

You all know he is saving the mighty minion power for a special game, so when will we see it! With the new Minions movie in theaters, this should be the year!

FULL BANANA!!!!
Agree!

Think it has to be a home game. Visitors wear white jerseys. But, yeah, time for full banana.

If it happens this year, my guess is it'll be against Western Illinois or Homecoming?

Think it has to be a home game. Visitors wear white jerseys. But, yeah, time for full banana.
Visitors can wear a "contrasting" color as long as the home team and conference agree to it ahead of time. Not sure if PJ would pursue that though.

FULL BANANA!!!!
The Penn State whiteout is just for the fans, the team still wears their normal blue/white home uniforms.

I vote for "Visitor's White" with white helmets. Then PJ can spin it that the White Out is really honoring us!

Colorado game at home in September gets the Full Banana

So I was looking back and I think we've only done the gold jerseys-pants combo three times in recent years (just over a decade)?
2009, TCF Bank Stadium opener Vs. Air Force:
vsmair.jpg

2012, Vs. Michigan State
vsmichst.jpg

2017, Vs. Middle Tennessee, which also had gold helmets
vsmidtenn.jpg

Gophers have also worn the gold helmets and jersey combo twice
2014 Vs. Ohio State
Cobb.jpg

2016 Vs. Northwestern
Leidner.jpg

When is the last time we wore gold jerseys at all? 2019 SDSU is the last one I remember...probably because of the Bateman catch.

Edit: wore MGM against Purdue in 2020...man that COVID year is just a fuzzy memory (and now, didn't test positive lol)

Dumb question but are those jerseys the exact ones (material, color, etc) from the Kill era? I ask because the current PJ gold pants seem a shade or two different. So I'm wondering if full banana is even an option unless they get 'new' gold jerseys.

FULL BANANA!!!!
Your singleminded focus on this is admirable.

Only way this happens at PSU is if they ask Gophers for permission to wear white at home. Which they won’t do because Franklin likes the contrast from the crowd.(to let them know they are different from the team no doubt!)
Auburn wore all white last year for the white out game.

Yes, i am a big fan of FULL BANANA but would like to see some throwbacks tha same color as Mr. Dungy is wearing with 70s Goldy on the helmet. This would be an awesome Homecoming look IMO.

When will Fleck break out FULL BANANA​

To me, the answer to this question is a private matter between PJ and Heather, the First Lady of Golden Gopher Football.

Hopefully never. Only slightly better than the black alternates they wore last year against OSU.

Hopefully never. Only slightly better than the black alternates they wore last year against OSU.

I have feeling the black uniforms will be used again given recruiting pictures.

A MBM set is a good look IMO

Attachments

• 20220728_213524.jpg
    20220728_213524.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 3

When will Fleck break out FULL BANANA​

To me, the answer to this question is a private matter between PJ and Heather, the First Lady of Golden Gopher Football.
Jim Rome would run you but he would quote it 5-10 times as well saying "this is what is not allowed" and he is going to get a call from "the suits". I personally am so offended I must drink a beer to clear my head.

In these dark times, there is only one true beacon that can guide us into brighter times.

Full Banana

Top Bottom