When will "College Gameday" from ESPN come to the Bank?

began11

GOPHER11
Reaction score
As I am watching ESPN this morning, I am pondering the question, "When will they ever come to Minnesota"? What does Oregon have that Minnesota doesn't? Well, besides the better rrecord and tradition! I predict that Gameday will be coming to The Bank on October 15th 20011 for the Wisconsin game. Minnesota will be ranked 7th in the country and Gray will be a Heisman candidate! When that happens I will be there! Go Gophers!

I predict that gameday will never come here. the only time i may see it coming is next year, when we host Southern Cal. etc USC of the Pac 10.

As I am watching ESPN this morning, I am pondering the question, "When will they ever come to Minnesota"? What does Oregon have that Minnesota doesn't? Well, besides the better rrecord and tradition! I predict that Gameday will be coming to The Bank on October 15th 20011 for the Wisconsin game. Minnesota will be ranked 7th in the country and Gray will be a Heisman candidate! When that happens I will be there! Go Gophers!

That's not a bad prediction. There will have to be a top 25 ranking and a rivalry game would help as well. However, Oregon does NOT have a better tradition than Minnesota. Minnesota has 6 National Titles and 18 Big Ten Championships. Oregon didn't have anything until Phil Knight donated all that money.

The reason they're in Eugene this week is because SC-Oregon is for the Pac 10 title.

Oregon is a lot like Wisconsin. Football there didn't begin until 1993.

When the program is more than just a run of the mill, mediocre program.

when there are 2 d1 teams playing in it instead of one....................................

They have an obligation to go to a site that's meaningful to the rest of the nation. No affirmative action requiring each school to get a turn at having Corso on campus.

Ahli.....Stop living in the past. When was the last National Championship and/or Big 10 title for Minnesota?? Oregon has been a FAR more successful program in the recent past than the Gophers. It is an absolute "no-brainer". I'm 46 years old and despair of the U EVER winning a Big 10 title in my lifetime.

BTW, just looked it up, Oregon has won or shared a PAC 10 title 3 times since 1994. God, I would just about give anything for that record in the last 15 years!!

Ahli.....Stop living in the past. When was the last National Championship and/or Big 10 title for Minnesota?? Oregon has been a FAR more successful program in the recent past than the Gophers. It is an absolute "no-brainer". I'm 46 years old and despair of the U EVER winning a Big 10 title in my lifetime.

If you are 46, wouldn't that mean you were born in 1963? Four years before the Gophers won the Big Ten title in 1967? (yes, a small consolation, I know).

:confused:

The truth is that there is very little difference between a game played 10, 25, or 60 years ago. It is still in the past. One of the things I like about TCF Bank Stadium, and the Brewster regime in general is that they venerate the Gopher tradition. Were you at the Air Force Game? If you were you would have seen a stoic Bud Grant cry, overcome with emotion. That emotion came from somewhere.

It came from the fact that Minnesota is one of the oldest programs in the history of college football. The Gopher/Badger game is the most played rivalry in the history of college football. Minnesota is the ONLY team in the history of college football to win 3 straight National Titles. The Lil' Brown Jug game with Michigan is the oldest trophy game in football (as well as the one with the best back story). Minnesota was also a leader in racial integration on the field. Sandy Stephens was the first black QB to win the Rose Bowl and a National Title. Sandy did it here, at Minnesota.

So don't tell me to forget the past. True Gopher fans know our history and we are proud of it. :clap:

GopherinWi, I'll give you that as far as a timeline, but realistically a four year old AIN'T in any position to appreciate that fact!! But, I think you understand the point I was trying to make there.

Ahli, my point is this program has done NOTHING in the past FORTY TWO years. We have long since been passed by other programs nationally and in the Big 10.
I am proud of the U's history, but that CANNOT be what you hang your hat on as a fan. We need to have success in the present. I don't think I am being unrealistic in that position, given that every team in the Big 10 (with the exception of Indiana, I believe) has won a Big 10 title since we last did it.

My guess is when Texas comes to town (2015 I think) if Brewster is able to do with the program what he has set out to do.

My guess is when Texas comes to town (2015 I think) if Brewster is able to do with the program what he has set out to do.

If Brewster does what he set out to do here he'll be coaching that game..... From the Texas sideline.

And by jib, when are the chaps at the networks going to cover the Whig convention. They held elected posts of national promise once upon a time...

If Brewster does what he set out to do here he'll be coaching that game..... From the Texas sideline.

If it's not Mack Brown it will be Will Muschamp coaching from the UT sideline.

If it's not Mack Brown it will be Will Muschamp coaching from the UT sideline.

You said if Brewster achieves what he set out to here. If he gets to Pasadena here, he will be the UT coach.

The Lil' Brown Jug game with Michigan is the oldest trophy game in football
Just a minor correction. The territorial cup between ASU and U of A is older (1899) but just barely. The jug started in 1903.

Just a minor correction. The territorial cup between ASU and U of A is older (1899) but just barely. The jug started in 1903.

The territorial cup is not older; it wasn't even used as a trophy until 2001.

I know the NCAA threw ASU/AU a bone by giving them some sort of certification a few years ago. But the territorial cup is a complete joke. Kind of embarassing to both institutions involved, really.

This would be like the UofM and Wisconsin finding some random antique and designating it "the oldest trophy in collge football" - then lobbying the NCAA to have it recognized as such.

I take that back.

the Little Brown Jug is the oldest rivalry trophy.

The territorial cup is not the oldest rivalry trophy. that belong to the Little Brown Jug.

Top Bottom