When will Brewster realize...

cfield23

Reaction score
... that MarQueis Gray is a QUARTERBACK... not a RB????

Gray deserves blame for fumbling... again... but, how many times will Brewster put Gray in to

1) hand-off to Whaley up the middle

or

2) fake hand-off to Stoudermire and then run up the middle

with the extreme rarity that they let Gray pass it once in a while...

(even though Gray was recruited as a pocket passer who could scramble. He's not a Terrelle Pryor who can only run... The kid can pass!)

Brewster needs to go...

Sure, he can pass... to the other team!

he can fumble too

He makes freshman mistakes... Which won't improve w/o playing time at the QB position...

Weber makes freshman mistakes... but he's a JUNIOR

I liked the call. Did you see The Glide on his earlier run? That's the real deal there. It doesn't get much better.

We need to find a way to get the ball to our good players.

It works when it's not the only thing he does when he's put in. It's so predictable what he's about to do when he's put in... If he threw the ball a lot and was given maybe JUST ONE DRIVE, his running it up the gut would be so much more effective... agree?

It's obvious, and thanks Studwell for expressing the fact, that Gray is the real deal. He needs to have the ball and get a feel for the rhythm of the game. The fact that this coaching staff has not done this is one of the most damning points that could be cited by anti-Brewster types. And they'd be right in that regard.

Perhaps if the team could put together more drives and less 3 and outs, everyone could gain some rhythm and momentum. It's hard to get Gray a lot of plays when you have so many drives of 3 plays and out or maybe 4 or 5 plays and punt.

Why is Gray getting a free pass? What has he done to have earned the reputation of being the answer? That turnover was HUGE. Any other player and this board would be calling for his head.

the talent is huge as well. he is the real deal!

So was Ron Pawlus. As for him being a passing QB, I see his completion percentage coming into the game was 38.5. He was given a chance to be the hero and he did the worst thing possible - he turned the ball over. Based on what I've heard, he's awesome. Based on what I've seen, he's nothing special.

So was Ron Pawlus. As for him being a passing QB, I see his completion percentage coming into the game was 38.5. He was given a chance to be the hero and he did the worst thing possible - he turned the ball over. Based on what I've heard, he's awesome. Based on what I've seen, he's nothing special.

And you might be right, but by our own standards (see the current QB) Gray deserves in excess of thirty starts with regular playing time to show whether or not he can play himself out of his weaknesses.

Why is Gray getting a free pass? What has he done to have earned the reputation of being the answer? That turnover was HUGE. Any other player and this board would be calling for his head.

agree with this post. Hard to blame Brew for the fumble. Seemed to me like a fairly conservative play call at the time, just with a poor result. Weber gave us 13 pts and has done nothing to show he is a legit B10 QB this year, so I would rather live with the frosh's mistakes than with Weber's non-ability to make plays.

Why is Ellestad getting a free pass? There was more to the loss than just that one play.

So was Ron Pawlus. As for him being a passing QB, I see his completion percentage coming into the game was 38.5.
Over a sample size of 13 attempts all of which were scattered randomly throughout the season. He was never given a series to get into rhythm and to try to build a drive. Citing that as a judgment of his passing ability is either naive or dishonest.

If citing his actual performance is naive or dishonest, what would you propose is a better measurement of his passing ability - rumour?

he has fumbled all year in practice, so until then fixes this he will only bring gray hair to gopher fans

If citing his actual performance is naive or dishonest, what would you propose is a better measurement of his passing ability - rumour?
Sometimes there simply isn't enough meaningful data to make a definitive evaluation. That is the case here.

Why is Ellestad getting a free pass? There was more to the loss than just that one play.

I was pissed off that he missed that one FG. We could of won 16-14 with out getting into the situation where Gray fumble'd.

the jury is still out on Gray

but he has coughed up the ball too many times this year - plus the interception he threw in the Iowa game was painful - I think he saw meaningful playing time in maybe half the games this year and had key turnovers in four games - maybe this is the learning curve but man it is painful

Top Bottom