When I see how bad Wisconsin clubbed Nebraska........

Reaction score
and think about how they dominated the Gophers, it makes me realize how far the Gophers have to go.

Two games two different days...can't compare.

When I see how bad Minnesota throttled Purdue and think about how Notre Dame almost lost to Purdue, it makes me realize how far Notre Dame has to go.

As stated, Wisconsin has joined Michigan, Ohio State and Nebraska as a team we might beat once in a decade or more. We are not competitive with those programs. I was thrilled when we beat Penn State once in awhile.

and think about how they dominated the Gophers, it makes me realize how far the Gophers have to go.

And I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel yet.

As stated, Wisconsin has joined Michigan, Ohio State and Nebraska as a team we might beat once in a decade or more. We are not competitive with those programs. I was thrilled when we beat Penn State once in awhile.

Which means it would be a good time flip Mich and Wisky and go with true east/west conference divisions.

Hell, we could even call them something unique like 'East' and 'West'.

Ohio State gets them for 63 then Wisconsin gets them for 70? Boy, they've got to fire Cosgrove now don't they? :confused:

Watching Wisconsin run the ball the way they did makes me remember that it was not all that long ago that we were as good or better than them at running the ball. They have stayed that way year in and year out while we have fallen to the point where in a lot of games we struggle to get any yardage on the ground.

When I see Wisconsin have success in football, I remember that we were virtually tied with them the year Maturi took over. And then Maturi happened.

Watching Wisconsin run the ball the way they did makes me remember that it was not all that long ago that we were as good or better than them at running the ball. They have stayed that way year in and year out while we have fallen to the point where in a lot of games we struggle to get any yardage on the ground.

But not game in game out?

When I see Wisconsin have success in football, I remember that we were virtually tied with them the year Maturi took over. And then Maturi happened.

Good point....remember when Maturi blocked Kucek's punt and still kept his job?

Good point....remember when Maturi blocked Kucek's punt and still kept his job?

I remember when he fired a mediocre football coached in Mason to replace him with an inexperienced coach who did so much damage to the program that we don't think the good coach who replaced him can compete in conference until he has at least four years to fix Brewster's mess.

Can I blame that hire on the Maturi who made it?

I remember when he fired a mediocre football coached in Mason to replace him with an inexperienced coach who did so much damage to the program that we don't think the good coach who replaced him can compete in conference until he has at least four years to fix Brewster's mess.

Can I blame that hire on the Maturi who made it?

Yes you can.

Problem I see is that Stanford will shut down the run and Wis.can't pass without Stave.

When I see how bad Minnesota throttled Purdue and think about how Notre Dame almost lost to Purdue, it makes me realize how far Notre Dame has to go.

What's particularly silly about the Wisconsin > Nebraska > Minnesota calculus is that the two teams being compared actually played each other. The transitive property is completely unnecessary.

Erect a Statue of Joel Maturi

So when is the statue of Joel Maturi in front of TCF Bank Stadium going to be finished, erected, and dedicated? We should get one of those good old Soviet sculptors to do the honor, you know, the ones who sculpted the Joe Stalin editions. Even better, we could get one of those old Joe Stalin statues at a fire sale, have it shipped to Minnesota, erect it in front of TCF Bank Stadium, and just change the name plate to Joel Maturi.

I wanted the Bugeaters to trounce Wisky, but once it got out of hand I want Wisky to put up 84 points on them.

When I see the badgers play, I still think ZERO national championships!!

Just give us a few more years and we will be competitive against most of the B1G teams and that includes Wisky. It will be tough to compete with the teams that have built-in recruiting advantages (Mich, OState and Penn St), but we should be competitive will all of the other teams. I think we may beat Nebraska next year.

When I see the badgers play, I still think ZERO national championships!!

This. You could see it in the eyes of the players as they "celebrated" their meaningless third consecutive Big Ten championship, that the lack of a national title in the 1930's made it a hollow victory.

This. You could see it in the eyes of the players as they "celebrated" their meaningless third consecutive Big Ten championship, that the lack of a national title in the 1930's made it a hollow victory.
1930's what? Oh. You mean 1930s. Maybe you should pretend you're from a non-Ivy league school.

Don't you have another board to play on?

Dearest Fuzzy,

Can you recommend another board that has such a rich discussion of college football national championships? Preferably ones in which the championships came more than 50 years ago, but the discussion pretends that it matters today. I've been to other boards, but the talk is mostly about what will happen this year. Or the past decade or two. Or three. What could be more boring?

BTW, hearty congratulations on your season. The Tigers also triumphed to the same stellar winning percentage (but with a winning conference record, ahem). I guess it'll be a coin-flip to see who is awarded the championship. Best of luck!

Regards,
Archie

Dearest Fuzzy,

Can you recommend another board that has such a rich discussion of college football national championships? Preferably ones in which the championships came more than 50 years ago, but the discussion pretends that it matters today. I've been to other boards, but the talk is mostly about what will happen this year. Or the past decade or two. Or three. What could be more boring?

BTW, hearty congratulations on your season. The Tigers also triumphed to the same stellar winning percentage (but with a winning conference record, ahem). I guess it'll be a coin-flip to see who is awarded the championship. Best of luck!

Regards,
Archie

Good Bit Archie, though it was even better when National Lampoon was doing it in 1974.

Top Bottom