What's your favorite U of M Fight Song (Non-Rouser Edition)

What's your favorite U of M fight song (excluding the Rouser)

• Minnesota March

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Go Gopher Victory

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Minnesota Fight

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Our Minnesota

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Our Minnesota

is the best song of the bunch and should actually switch places with the rouser.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gosh I love all of them! I picked Minnesota March but I can just see the band marching the M down the field playing Our Minnesota. Can't wait to see that in TCF as the anticipation builds before kickoff of a big game!

Our Minn is also my favorite, though I still like the Rouser as the main... nothing like all the fans in any venue doing the spellout. SO awesome.

Go Gopher Victory!

Not so much on lyrics, but I love the song

Agreed. My family LOVES the MM...to the point that my 2 1/2 year old knows the words.

The MM is the song that gets stuck in my head and I find myself humming randomly when I'm thinking about Gopher football. My HS (Chaska) had the rouser as our fight song so maybe it's just that I have heard it so much but I don't find it as catchy as the MM.

I love Adon Oalm to the tune of The Rouser.

I love Adon Oalm to the tune of The Rouser.

Some of my favorite Adon Olam melodies:

Take Me Out to the Ballgame - always around opening day and during the World Series
Danny Boy - around March 17th (also done by Sean Murphy, exec director at B'nai Emet)
Blazing Saddles (yes, it fits)
Gilligan's Island

There are many others

I voted Minn March, but I also really like Our Minn

"On you Gophers, you f@&king Gophers...."

2nd Favorite Fight Song

HAS to be Minnesota March by J.P. Sousa. I was in the band 1967 to 1971 and when marched down University Ave. behind Dr. Ben and Jimmy Mitchell...well, that's just about as close to heaven as I've ever been.

Our Minnesota! We have four songs that are much better than most schools main fight songs.

The sad thing is

that with all of these "Fight Songs", no one stands and cheers and no one knows the words.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minnesota March.

Is there a school with more original fight songs than The U? I can't think of any.

Maybe they should print the lyrics on the back of the student section t-shirts so that the people in the row behind them can read them.

Sousa himself said the Minnesota March was the finest piece he had ever written. It is fantastic.

The MM is the song that gets stuck in my head and I find myself humming randomly when I'm thinking about Gopher football. My HS (Chaska) had the rouser as our fight song so maybe it's just that I have heard it so much but I don't find it as catchy as the MM.

Sign me up as a Minnesota March fan as well!......."Fight on!, Fight on to victory....."

Top Bottom