What's on your tailgating menu?

HopHead

rank lieutenant
Reaction score
Enough with contract discussions and dissecting the team's many issues. Let's talk about something really important:

What's on your menu tomorrow?

In honor of our guests from the land of 10,000 pig farms, we will be grilling up pork-chops-on-a-stick. With sides of slaw, beans, rolls and plenty of beer to wash it all down. It should be an absolutely perfect fall day for tailgating.

And remember, if your gameday plans are executed correctly from start to finish, the actual score of the game becomes less and less important and a good time can be had regardless of the Gopher's performance on the field.

Go Gophers!!

We are making Made-Rites tomorrow. Ground beef/turkey mixed with sauteed onions and mushroom with beef gravey. Mix it together and pour it over a bun/bread. Add on some homemade mashed potatoes and apple crisp and you have a great fall meal.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot we are also having BEER!

Chickenhawks in town mean chicken wings for us.

Chilli
Tomorrow will be the 2nd Annual Lot 86-88-89 Chilli Cookoff.
As the 2010 Champ I have some big shoes to keep on.

Chilli
Tomorrow will be the 2nd Annual Lot 86-88-89 Chilli Cookoff.
As the 2010 Champ I have some big shoes to keep on.

I didn't realize that this weekend was the chili cookoff until a buddy of mine e-mailed me earlier today that he was bringing chili for the contest. I just made a batch last weekend for the Vikes/Packers game and it got rave reviews. Had I known I would have cooked up another batch for tomorrow. Maybe next year I'll enter.

See you in lot 88.

I didn't realize that this weekend was the chili cookoff until a buddy of mine e-mailed me earlier today that he was bringing chili for the contest. I just made a batch last weekend for the Vikes/Packers game and it got rave reviews. Had I known I would have cooked up another batch for tomorrow. Maybe next year I'll enter.

See you in lot 88.
There is a cookoff in our lots? How is this publicized? My wife would want to enter in that...

There is a cookoff in our lots? How is this publicized? My wife would want to enter in that...

I know last year they were handing out flyers with the details at an early season game. I'm not sure what they did this year but at least a couple of other guys I tailgate with new about it. I don't make it to every game because I do some ticket swapping with a friend. I must have missed the announcement.

"goal line gizzards" it's my wife's Unlcle Walt's famous chicken gizzard recipe...deep fried, then slow baked in cream for 3 hours...come out like chicken tenders in cream gravy. nummy

"goal line gizzards" it's my wife's Unlcle Walt's famous chicken gizzard recipe...deep fried, then slow baked in cream for 3 hours...come out like chicken tenders in cream gravy. nummy

Ish !!!

OK, maybe I need to try one first.

Caramel rolls heated on the grill for breakfast then New York strip sandwiches with provolone cheese, onions, mushrooms, and horseradish sauce. We are also going to have a shrimp cocktail throughout the day, and candy for the kids. Of course beer is also included!

Damn...those sound good.

My gf's parents are in town for a couple weeks and her mom is making what is essentially like Filipino sloppy joes, stuffed tator tots, and I think we'll throw some dogs and stuff on.

Damn...those sound good.

My gf's parents are in town for a couple weeks and her mom is making what is essentially like Filipino sloppy joes, stuffed tator tots, and I think we'll throw some dogs and stuff on.

Actually, most people who've never tried them have no idea they are gizzards because they come out so tender. If you ever want to cook them here's how: put in 1 gal. zip lock bag, 2 cups flour and 1/4 cup of your favorite seasoning ( I use Johnny's Seasoning salt), shake up 1 pkg at a time of the gizzards in the seasoned flour then brown in 1 inch of oil at 400 degrees until brown. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with a little more seasoning. (do the same for each pkg of gizzard you cook). Then place in a cake pan and pour 3 cups of heavy whipping cream over them. Cover and seal with aluminum foil and bake for 3 hours at 275 to 300 degrees. Open carefully as there will be a lot of steam. Enjoy!

Top Bottom