What's Next

ncgo4

Reaction score
Has a bye week ever come at a better time? HUGE victory with several players in the game on 1 1/2 legs, playing on guts. Time to heal, time to celebrate and maybe most importantly time to come back to earth.

How often have we all seen a team on the rise win a huge game only to crash back to earth the next week. This off week gives Kill & company time to ensure that this doesn't happen. We face Northwestern between Wisconsin & Nebraska so they will think this is their big opportunity to make a statement. The next three games are the most critical MUST WINS in two decades if our Golden Gophers are to become truly relevent in the B1G. Three games in which we will be favored to win and three games that can put us in position to enter the next bye week at 7-1 to get ready for a ball busting final 4.

Go Gophers!

Perfect take, and put in to good words. I was thinking the same thing, but didnt realize the bye was this week.

I was worried the team would be too caught up in this win, and get too high on themselves. The bye being now is perfect. The saying is...after a loss, you want to get back on the field right away. This team needs to recollect, and not be distracted about how awesome the win in the Big House was. The bye week is perfect.

I agree that it's a good time for the bye. In a lot of cases you can say it might disrupt rhythm after putting together a good game, but in this case I think it's a good thing to heal up and come back down to earth a little after an emotional win. Plus, Northwestern may be a little more dangerous than we thought before this week, it can't hurt to have an extra week to prepare for them.

Top Bottom