What's It Mean For The Program?

ncgo4

Reaction score
Well, we've got a football program moving quickly up. We've got a tough year driven by an almost unfathomable injury rate and a killer schedule. We've got a super incoming class and a groundbreaking ceremony in two days that we've been waiting for for 15 years.

Now we have a fired AD. We have a retired HC. We have an interim HC that has not shown an interest in being a big time HC. Neither has he demonstrated the PR skills to be one.

What a mixed kettle of fish.

This is a great opportunity for Claeys. Unlike the last time as interim, JK is not there. Cleays is free to make whatever changes he feels are appropriate. He needs to win two games or, IMHO, he will not be considered for the permanent job. If he wins three it will be very difficult, though certainly not impossible, for the U if M to bypass him.

In other words the timing couldn't be worse for him, but for the very first time he is playing for his own future. It would be unusual for a new guy to keep the team together. Go Tracy! You can do this!

Good post.

Let's just hope there are shovels in the ground in two days, or we all might be retiring from Gopher Football.

He's been approached- mark my words. I think he stuck it out over loyalty to Kill, and also because he felt
that this day may one day come.

Well we just lost JoJo Garcia. Sounds like he's quitting football entirely.

Well we just lost JoJo Garcia. Sounds like he's quitting football entirely.

I kinda wonder how much his heart was in it to begin with though. I'm sure it is a shock to him and all but to just hang it up that quickly seems a little bizarre to me.

I kinda wonder how much his heart was in it to begin with though. I'm sure it is a shock to him and all but to just hang it up that quickly seems a little bizarre to me.

I think not playing this year, he realized that he didn't miss the sport.

Feels like a knee jerk reaction from an emotionally shaken young kid who really believes in Jerry Kill. It is too early to tell if he reconsiders.

Feels like a knee jerk reaction from an emotionally shaken young kid who really believes in Jerry Kill. It is too early to tell if he reconsiders.

+1 Exactly - I certainly don't know what is going to happen but he clearly is an "emotionally shaken young kid" who needs some time to process all that has happened. That the least we can give him.

Top Bottom