What word or picture pops in your head when you hear "Nebraska"?

The absolutely humungous corn stalks. Coaching summer basketball around this time of year in Kearney Nebraska driving by corn stalks 12-15 feet tall all closely planted together for miles. Easily twice as big in circumference and height as Minnesota corn.
And Nice people.

I think of the time they use to have championships with all the girlfriend beaters and thugs.

wG6l0e_5_400x400.jpeg

Irrelevant in the Big Ten since 2012. Could explain their fans penchant for living in the past?:unsure:

I'm way old and when I think of Nebraska--at least in a football sense--Johnny Rodgers' 71-yard punt return is the first thing that comes to mind. Big play in one of the greatest college football games ever.

Omaha is an overgrown Fargo/SF, and Lincoln is an overgrown Bismarck/Pierre. Rest of the state is literally nothing to see. At least Dakotas have some interesting stuff in the west.

Omaha is an overgrown Fargo/SF, and Lincoln is an overgrown Bismarck/Pierre. Rest of the state is literally nothing to see. At least Dakotas have some interesting stuff in the west.
Lived in Minnesota for the first 21 years and have lived in Nebraska since. Southern 2/3 of the state is flat and pretty boring, lots of corn fields as mentioned. The sandhills of Nebraska, northwestern 1/4 of the state are a whole different view. A lot like western SD. I think Lincoln has a lot to offer. It has been a great place raise a family. Still a loyal gopher fan that is enjoying the recent success against the Huskers.

one of the more boring stretches of highway in the world. may be more boring than I-90 in South Dakota - and that's saying something.
Drove both routes this summer on a driving trip to Reno, Nevada, and back. The jog down from 90 to 80 in Wyoming and the stretch of 80 through Wyoming is no prize either. Torturous drives.

Top Bottom