What will the crowd be like saturday?

TheBarnyard

Reaction score
I am curious to get other GHers opinions. I have been to many games against the badgers and there always seems to be a good chunk of red in the crowd. I HATE seeing any badger fans but it is inevitable. I also think that this saturday will be different as in there wont be as much red. Either way the bank will be in full force and I think this will be the loudest we have heard it.

Well I thought there were fewer Nebraska fans in attendance this year than their first game in the Bank, and as we have seen visiting teams showing up less and less each year I think we will see far less Becky fans than in the past.

Enthusiastic, but there will be hundreds of no-shows with windchills near zero. This will keep many Badger fans from attending, so that's good.

I really hope that is true but I gotta say as a whole it seems that a fair portion of Gopher fans would rather make some of the money back that they paid for tickets than support the team. My family has had season tix since I was in 5th/6th grade (I'm now a college senior) and it has always seemed like there were at least a few ticket holders around us who happened to have "other obligations" each year on Iowa or Wisconsin game day and sold their tickets to opposing fans for what I'm assuming was a small fortune (since people from WI and IA have nothing else to spend money on). That being said, the team this year has a different feel about them. Like many have said before, this year those horribly timed unlucky bounces have either not occurred or happen to go our way for the first time in a long time. The team seems confident and campus is buzzing with anticipation and excitement! I mean hell the fans started a twitter account to try to get College Gameday here! This weekend we need to get as much Gold in The Bank as possible. The student section will be packed. I hope the rest of the stadium can follow suit!

Expect at least a 30/70 split Saturday.

30/70 split? Doubtful. wisconsin had their best team ever 2 years ago and the game didn't even sellout. Every time Iowa, wisconsin or Nebraska play here there are these dire predictions about 15-20k of their fans in our stadium. Hasn't happened yet and won't happen this Saturday either.

The Gophers contingent...whatever the proportion...better be ready to yell.

The muffled "thwap, thwap, thwap..." of gloved hands doesn't do much to disrupt the opponent's offense.

The 12th Men in 212...the Billd's, Darren the Greek, ButchNashGuy, Maverick, the Bleed's and others will be ready.

Go Gophers! Be LOUD and Beat the Badgers!

30/70 split? Doubtful. wisconsin had their best team ever 2 years ago and the game didn't even sellout. Every time Iowa, wisconsin or Nebraska play here there are these dire predictions about 15-20k of their fans in our stadium. Hasn't happened yet and won't happen this Saturday either.

Gonna disagree, two years ago about half were Wisconsin fans and Nebraska probably outnumbered us and Nebraska probably got over 15 this year. I expect over 10 for Wisconsin this year.

Just checked the ticket site online. I couldn't find more than single tickets available.

That being said, it will be cold. In my opinion I don't necessarily think that will affect the attendance of the game however. I think tailgating could be moved into more of bargate for the older crowd. Me, well I'm not old so I'll tough it out. Nothing a little Rumple Minze can't cure!

Gonna disagree, two years ago about half were Wisconsin fans and Nebraska probably outnumbered us and Nebraska probably got over 15 this year. I expect over 10 for Wisconsin this year.

I'm not sure you were at the same games I was with those estimates.

Just checked the ticket site online. I couldn't find more than single tickets available.

That being said, it will be cold. In my opinion I don't necessarily think that will affect the attendance of the game however. I think tailgating could be moved into more of bargate for the older crowd. Me, well I'm not old so I'll tough it out. Nothing a little Rumple Minze can't cure!
491 tickets still available on Stub Hub as well.

I am curious to get other GHers opinions. I have been to many games against the badgers and there always seems to be a good chunk of red in the crowd. I HATE seeing any badger fans but it is inevitable. I also think that this saturday will be different as in there wont be as much red. Either way the bank will be in full force and I think this will be the loudest we have heard it.

Considering just about everyone will be wearing a winter coat, it will probably be a whole mix of colors. As a Badger fan, I don't know many people with red winter jackets, I will be in black.

Was it 2 years ago...that both wisconsin and green bay played in Minnesota on the same weekend?? Seemed like there was a lot of wisconsin fans in the metro. Or, maybe I'm just making sh!t up.

Sorry but your wrong. Its never been half and Nebraska might have had 6K this year.

I was at the Nebraska game 2 years ago. It was not half. Maybe 15000 tops in red. It seems like a lot and it is but no where near half

Two years ago Nebraska was pretty much even and Wisconsin probably had 20k when Ball and Wilson had a field day.

2009 we significantly outnumbered Wisconsin and they probably got at least 7k in there. 3000 go in the visitor section alone, not to mention season ticket holders, brokers and students who sell theirs.

Nebraska only had 6k this year? Maybe in the lower deck they had a ton of fans there.

Two years ago Nebraska was pretty much even and Wisconsin probably had 20k when Ball and Wilson had a field day.

2009 we significantly outnumbered Wisconsin and they probably got at least 7k in there. 3000 go in the visitor section alone, not to mention season ticket holders, brokers and students who sell theirs.

Nebraska only had 6k this year? Maybe in the lower deck they had a ton of fans there.

No they didn't and they whined about it for days.

Get used to it. There will always be Madison refuges who had to move a better place (the Twin Cities) to find work and a better standard of living for their children. If once every other year they wear red and fantasize a different reality, just try not to pity them too much.

;)

I might be wrong, but I feel like there were over a 1,000 last week. And those tickets aren't cheap.

When I checked over a week ago they had like 900 something left. The prices are ridiculous. At that time I found nosebleeders in section 245 going for $104 each while similar tickets on Gophersports.com were only going for $75.

The Gophers contingent...whatever the proportion...better be ready to yell.

The muffled "thwap, thwap, thwap..." of gloved hands doesn't do much to disrupt the opponent's offense.

The 12th Men in 212...the Billd's, Darren the Greek, ButchNashGuy, Maverick, the Bleed's and others will be ready.

Go Gophers! Be LOUD and Beat the Badgers!

The trick Bill will be to pace myself so I'm not completely hoarse by halftime. But my vocal chords fully intend to give 100%.

I predict the crowd will be cold. For me personally, since I am catching a cold, I predict I will also be chapped (nothing like blowing your nose in 19 degree weather.)

I hope to be a happy, cold, chapped Badger fan, however.

Get used to it. There will always be Madison refuges who had to move a better place (the Twin Cities) to find work and a better standard of living for their children. If once every other year they wear red and fantasize a different reality, just try not to pity them too much.

;)

Why must our state be so awesome and their's be so crappy...oh well.

Agreed on Vocal Settings

The trick Bill will be to pace myself so I'm not completely hoarse by halftime. But my vocal chords fully intend to give 100%.

You'll be fine. Get those folks around you to give their all too.

Also Darren I note that "Member Bitter End Club" is gone from your moniker.

Good deal.

I myself have joined "The Better Ends Club"...for which I think we'll have many good experiences to come.

Go Gophers! In Kill We Trust to Beat Bucky"

Top Bottom