What will the actual attendance be at Illinois-Minnesota game?

What will the actual attendance be at Illinois-Minnesota game?

• Under 30K

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • 30-35K

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • 35-40K

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • 40-45K

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • 45K+

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
find it interesting that it is almost always the same general group of passive gopher fans/posters who reply the most to these "types" of threads. me calls b.s. and would venture that most of them rarely, if ever, actually go to gopher games in person. but are rather just fans of the gophers on t.v.

so really their opinion on such topics is inconsequential and irrelevant.

that is all. heading into the stadium now.

GO GOLDEN GOPHERS!

Posting from the stadium?
find it interesting that it is almost always the same general group of passive gopher fans/posters who reply the most to these "types" of threads. me calls b.s. and would venture that most of them rarely, if ever, actually go to gopher games in person. but are rather just fans of the gophers on t.v.

GO GOLDEN GOPHERS!

GO GOLDEN GOPHERS!
I would love to go to Gophers games in person but 1) I go to school in Kenosha, WI 2) This weekend while I am home, I don't have a car to get to the game and 3) It's expensive. Just thought I'd say there can be REASONS why people don't go to games and not just what you would probably call "excuses" like spending time with family.

They announced at the game 41,000 but it looked closer to 30,000. Student section looked about about a quarter full.

True fans showed up today and were rewarded with a fantastic win. Aside from those fans who a. were too far away from Mpls., b. whose health did permit them to being exposed to cold weather (e.g., the elderly) and/or c. could not afford to go, the rest of you're lame. Cold weather, the team's record, family, etc. are just excuses. The "family" one is my favorite lame excuse. Unless someone is on their death bed, the family excuse doesn't fly. You could a. bring them to the game with you (unless of course they don't like being around you and can't appreciate your interests) or b. do something with your precious family before or after the game. There are 7-home games a year. If you're that co-dependent on family members that you can't enjoy going to watch your team, you got big problems with letting go. Now if you really don't like the Gophers or any other sports team and have other interests, fine, just admit it. Otherwise, face it that you have co-dendendency problems with a family members(s) and have bigger issues than missing a game. GO GOPHERS!

They announced at the game 41,000 but it looked closer to 30,000. Student section looked about about a quarter full.

The student section looked more like 5% full and it looked more like 15,000-20,000 total.

I would say around 25k at its peak in the first half. Lots of people left at halftime, which I have no idea why since it wasn't THAT cold. There were probably 600 students total. I only say that because it looked twice as large as the "300 member marching band". My 5 year old son jumped at the chance to go today and he had a blast. All you no shows are pretty lame.

The student section looked more like 5% full and it looked more like 15,000-20,000 total.

Yeah the student section was slim pickings today. To those students who showed up I tip my Gopher hat to you!

I can never tell how many people are there or not but I will say there was definitely some extra leg room today. Too bad too it was a great game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the student section looked like a ghost town honestly, but I'm not that surprised, with the Thanksgiving break, weather, 2 win team, etc.. I'd guess it could have possibly been close to 30K overall, but probably more like 25K, not sure how many were parked in the mezzanine, looked like a ton.

Student section being empty probably had a lot to do with Thanksgiving break. I know the few people I know that go to the U are not leaving until tomorrow so they can have an extra night at home with their HS friends.

Next year, we may not have any announced attendance figures higher than today's 41,000. No help coming from 2012 visitors.

I was in Pittsburgh with family for the weekend and took an early flight back to MSP for the game. Turns out I made the right decision! Great finish to the season and I am already excited for what 2012 brings.

I attended the Michigan State @ Northwestern game today, and I'd guess there were more Gopher students at the Gopher game than NU students at the Wildcats game. There were less NU students than NU band members. I know Pat Fitzgerald is a very upbeat guy, but last week after the Gopher game he called out NU's fans for being fairweather. After being there, I can see why. NU plays a good, exciting brand of football, but their fan support leaves a lot to be desired.

For me, it IS just another opportunity to witness what horsh!t sports fans populate the Twin Cities. As the culture in this town continues to degrade, I will still go to every game, and still support the University of Minnesota. I look forward to the days of no Vikings and my six season tickets that will have never gone and will never go unused...as they have for 13 years.

Don't go away mad, just go away. Sick of these "Minnesotan type/passive aggressive" threads, and yes, the bullsh!t "Gopher Fans" in this state. If you don't like it, p!ss off. I'd rather have 30,000 rabid fans than 50,000 that sit on their hands after halftime and leave the Iowa game with Minnesota trailing by 5 and driving.

The original concept of this thread is a symptom of the disease, and anyone who votes on it is the carrier. Bitching about this program does nothing. Nothing.

We have the program that most Minnesotans deserve.

Not true, many, many fans gave this program 10, 20, 30 plus years of support and never saw a winning season. The Gophers have so many elderly fans because they actually were around and able to witness the Gophers won they won a national title. Other than South Carolina, I can't think of a program that consistently draws well, yet never truly competes for their conference title. If Minnesotans "deserve" this type of team then what do the fans at Northwestern "deserve"? They've had 4 or 5 years better in the last 15 or so years that are better than anything we've seen as Gopher fans. Do you blame people who bought season tickets and showed up to watch there team lose to NMSU and NDSU for not showing up on Thanksgiving weekend to watch a 2 win team? People expecting the Gophers to have Nebraska like fans without Nebraska like results should adjust their expectations.

I would love to go to Gophers games in person but 1) I go to school in Kenosha, WI 2) This weekend while I am home, I don't have a car to get to the game and 3) It's expensive. Just thought I'd say there can be REASONS why people don't go to games and not just what you would probably call "excuses" like spending time with family.

Expensive? You have to be kidding, right? How much to you spend at the bar each weekend at college in Kenosha? Do you know what a ticket would have cost you on the street today? Even if you purchased season tickets, they are BEYOND reasonable. Probably the cheapest entertainment dollar in town.

Expensive? You have to be kidding, right? How much to you spend at the bar each weekend at college in Kenosha? Do you know what a ticket would have cost you on the street today? Even if you purchased season tickets, they are BEYOND reasonable. Probably the cheapest entertainment dollar in town.
1) I've never had a single SIP of alcohol in my life. Don't be stereotypical.
2) I'm going to a VERY expensive school so money is at a premium for me.
3) I just paid for a bus ride here, home, and gas home from the bus station.
4) I actually could have gotten tickets for free, someone had a topic on here. But I would've had to find a person with a car because my parents sold mine. With total cost of gas that is probably about $20 plus buying food for my ride would probably bring the total to $40. $40 I ended up spending on things I needed for the colder weather that is coming up.
Not everyone has money they can spend on entertainment.

Gophers09 said:

It holds what 50,800 - so it was more then 20k. Either way only the die hard Gopher fans came out today. Those that could come and didn't...you know who you are...you suck!

1) I've never had a single SIP of alcohol in my life. Don't be stereotypical.
2) I'm going to a VERY expensive school so money is at a premium for me.
3) I just paid for a bus ride here, home, and gas home from the bus station.
4) I actually could have gotten tickets for free, someone had a topic on here. But I would've had to find a person with a car because my parents sold mine. With total cost of gas that is probably about $20 plus buying food for my ride would probably bring the total to $40. $40 I ended up spending on things I needed for the colder weather that is coming up.
Not everyone has money they can spend on entertainment.

Zambam-

I apologize if I offended you, my only point was that Gopher games are not expensive in the grand scheme of things. I did not know that suggesting that a college kid might go to a bar was stereotypical, my bad. Relax, I am sure you are getting a fine education at Carthage, all the best with that.

Stan The Caddy said:
Zambam-

I apologize if I offended you, my only point was that Gopher games are not expensive in the grand scheme of things. I did not know that suggesting that a college kid might go to a bar was stereotypical, my bad. Relax, I am sure you are getting a fine education at Carthage, all the best with that.

Carthage - LOL funny.

Top Bottom