What will the actual attendance be at Illinois-Minnesota game?

• Under 30K

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • 30-35K

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • 35-40K

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • 40-45K

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • 45K+

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score

Count my dad and I in. I plan on enjoying every minute of it because it will be a long off-season.

The lack of on field heating Coils will bring down the attendance.

When we win we should storm the field again! That would really piss off Patrick on AM1500.

I feel like with it being Thanksgiving weekend a lot of people won't be there. It could go the other way as well with more families wanting to go to the game together, but I feel like that won't happen until the product on the field is better.

It's amazing how nice the weather has been this year. I'm thinking with the snow/rain forecast, it's going to be pretty empty.

I have 4 seats total and it's been extremely difficult to find anyone to go with me. My wife thinks the weather will be too much of a factor. My brother and his wife are "busy". My brother-in-law and his son are going hunting. I found 1 other person to go with thusfar. I'm debating on bringing my 7 and 5 year old kids but if it is wet/cold it could be a miserable day for everyone.

I long for the day when the demand is high but I get the feeling there will be a lot of empties tomorrow.

What angers me about this game is I would love to go but my parents sold my car and they won't let me take one of theirs on the two hour drive :( I knew I had a great chance of being able to go to this game cause I was actually home and people would be selling tickets because of thanksgiving.

We will never know

It is a trick question because nobody will ever know what the actual attendance was.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's under 30k. In my group of 11, I think 2 are going. (cue 'bad fan' rants in 3,2,1...).

Its a holiday weekend with friends and family in town, students out of town.

Option 1: huddle in cold rain with a few die-hards, watch a bad football team likely lose.

Option 2: have 'post-thanksgiving' with the other side of the family, see friends from out of town for the first time in a year.

...not to mention the folks who are out of town themselves...

I said 30-35 thousand...but it really could be a lot less.

At least right now looks like significant pre-planning will be necessary to have a remote chance at being comfortable up to halftime.

I think I'll be okay but it will be tough on Mrs. Billd (who's always cold and had some tough outings THIS year). May end up going with one of the kids...

Have a good feeling coming in though. Hoping for a good showing.

Go Gophers! Beat Illinois! In Kill We Trust!

Well, my significant other and I will be there, come rain or snow.

It will be a sparse crowd, it will be crappy weather, but for the seniors on this team, who have suffered through countless coordinators and changes, it will be their last hurrah. I love these guys, and as the middle of three generations of Gopher Grads, I love having a college team to support.

Love your thoughts, BilldGopher - "In Kill We Trust"!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's under 30k. In my group of 11, I think 2 are going. (cue 'bad fan' rants in 3,2,1...).

Option 1: huddle in cold rain with a few die-hards, watch a bad football team likely lose.

Option 2: have 'post-thanksgiving' with the other side of the family, see friends from out of town for the first time in a year.

I'll take Option 1 please.

Had to work hard to get someone to go with me. It will be between 25-32K. Gonna be embarrassing and people should be concerned about where interest in the program is heading. Anyone that gets pissed about or dismisses this topic is irrational.

akgopher said:
Had to work hard to get someone to go with me. It will be between 25-32K. Gonna be embarrassing and people should be concerned about where interest in the program is heading. Anyone that gets pissed about or dismisses this topic is irrational.

Ha! Anyone who isn't embarrassed or concerned about attendance at a football game is irrational? That's some irony there.

For me, it IS just another opportunity to witness what horsh!t sports fans populate the Twin Cities. As the culture in this town continues to degrade, I will still go to every game, and still support the University of Minnesota. I look forward to the days of no Vikings and my six season tickets that will have never gone and will never go unused...as they have for 13 years.

Don't go away mad, just go away. Sick of these "Minnesotan type/passive aggressive" threads, and yes, the bullsh!t "Gopher Fans" in this state. If you don't like it, p!ss off. I'd rather have 30,000 rabid fans than 50,000 that sit on their hands after halftime and leave the Iowa game with Minnesota trailing by 5 and driving.

The original concept of this thread is a symptom of the disease, and anyone who votes on it is the carrier. Bitching about this program does nothing. Nothing.

We have the program that most Minnesotans deserve.

A snow game can be fun. It will bring back memory's of the old Met. Hopefully the rain will turn to snow by kickoff.

Anyone giving away tickets?

Hello! I note in this thread some of you saying you couldn't even give away tickets. Well, if any of you are still giving away tickets I'd love to have them. My two sons and I would love to attend this game. Please message my if you still have tickets to give away! Thanks!

Watching football outdoors in not so perfect weather to support your team, even when they are having a bad season. Saying goodbye to your seniors. That's what real Gopher fans do - We will be there!!

Hello! I note in this thread some of you saying you couldn't even give away tickets. Well, if any of you are still giving away tickets I'd love to have them. My two sons and I would love to attend this game. Please message my if you still have tickets to give away! Thanks!

Did you get any offers?

No. Not yet. Lots of replies on twitter, too, but no offers.

And these are the reasons why kids with options go else where to play football. Most supposed gopher fans view football as entertainment versus as a passion. The difference? When the "product" is not good or increment weather, they find something else to entertain them. Passionate fans are there to cheer on the team or show their displeasure....either way, they are there.

I said 30-35 thousand...but it really could be a lot less.

At least right now looks like significant pre-planning will be necessary to have a remote chance at being comfortable up to halftime.

I think I'll be okay but it will be tough on Mrs. Billd (who's always cold and had some tough outings THIS year). May end up going with one of the kids...

Have a good feeling coming in though. Hoping for a good showing.

Go Gophers! Beat Illinois! In Kill We Trust!
Billd I will be there with my son. Last year drove back from Missouri go to the game a few minuetes late to watch a 2-9 team in 28 degrees. Saw Floyd return home. Saturday afternoons in the fall are too few. Love college football. Want to be there to watch my favorite team play. Offseason is waaaaayyy to long.

If we had 50,000 Billd's atmosphere would not be a problem!

And these are the reasons why kids with options go else where to play football. Most supposed gopher fans view football as entertainment versus as a passion. The difference? When the "product" is not good or increment weather, they find something else to entertain them. Passionate fans are there to cheer on the team or show their displeasure....either way, they are there.

So being a 'fan' is more important to you than family and friends? Then I really feel sorry for you. Maybe you have a lousy family, or not so many friends, but that is truly sad.

As i stated, those are my options today. Crap football team vs. family and friends. If that's, as you claim, the reason, 'kids with options' go elsewhere, so be it. I enjoy following Gopher football, but it's about 20th on my list of priorities. I'd say that's about right for a person with healthy and diverse interests.

But don't worry, you are 'winning' the good fan/bad fan argument, and are being quite successful in de-riding and driving away those with less-than-rabid interest. The proof of your success will be visible in today's attendance. Have fun.

No way there will be < 30k. Just parked in Dinkytown for free. Ample parking 45 min before kickoff.

For me, it IS just another opportunity to witness what horsh!t sports fans populate the Twin Cities. As the culture in this town continues to degrade, I will still go to every game, and still support the University of Minnesota. I look forward to the days of no Vikings and my six season tickets that will have never gone and will never go unused...as they have for 13 years.

Don't go away mad, just go away. Sick of these "Minnesotan type/passive aggressive" threads, and yes, the bullsh!t "Gopher Fans" in this state. If you don't like it, p!ss off. I'd rather have 30,000 rabid fans than 50,000 that sit on their hands after halftime and leave the Iowa game with Minnesota trailing by 5 and driving.

The original concept of this thread is a symptom of the disease, and anyone who votes on it is the carrier. Bitching about this program does nothing. Nothing.

We have the program that most Minnesotans deserve.

+1. highwayman gets it. he truly does. lame, passive-aggressive threads like this one are a classic example of what he is talking about.

So being a 'fan' is more important to you than family and friends? Then I really feel sorry for you. Maybe you have a lousy family, or not so many friends, but that is truly sad.

As i stated, those are my options today. Crap football team vs. family and friends. If that's, as you claim, the reason, 'kids with options' go elsewhere, so be it. I enjoy following Gopher football, but it's about 20th on my list of priorities. I'd say that's about right for a person with healthy and diverse interests.

But don't worry, you are 'winning' the good fan/bad fan argument, and are being quite successful in de-riding and driving away those with less-than-rabid interest. The proof of your success will be visible in today's attendance. Have fun.

don't get all huffy-puffy just because he correctly called you out for what you seem to be. just accept it and move on.

Top Bottom