What Will success look Like?

rpgopherfan

Reaction score
I'm starting this thread to try and consolidate what success would look like under our new coach according to the gopherhole fans, and by extension gopher fans in general. I really don't want the end result, I want your in depth thoughts on how this team should improve over the next three years, the result should take care of itself. By no means should this be compared to what NT and Junior Pitino actually discussed. Maybe by the end of this thread the gopherhole admins could gather a consensus as to what success would look like.

My thoughts

Year One: Find a serviceable point guard that would allow Dre to move to the #2 hole.
Recruit one player ranked in the top 100
All rosterd players show improvement from the previous year
Not one player takes a possession off, especially on the defensive end of the court
Defend the 3 point line.

Year Two: Recruit a top 50 point guard
Recruit a top 100 off guard (shooting guard if you want to call it that or the #2 slot.)
Find a big that can both rebound and break down a zone defense by affectingly shooting a free throw line jump shot, in the flow of the offense. Putting the ball on the floor plays into the hands of
zone defense unless you can kick it out. (going hell bent to the hoop every time is disaster, any one see Zeller in the tourney?)
Find a good player in the 4 slot (Power forward that can both score and crash the boards when the big misses his shot from the free throw line in the flow of the offense)

Year Three: You have laid the ground work, by this time the program should have shown some marked improvement, your recruiting class should be in the top 5 of the BIG 10 or whatever you want to call it.

Top Bottom