What will stadium bill mean for Gopher football ticket holders?

EVERYONE GOT THAT?

Thank you for your help, Firehouse. One of my duties in GopherHole is to state what should be obvious to everybody but somehow isn't. The world would be a far better place if I was in charge.

Thank you for your help, Firehouse. One of my duties in GopherHole is to state what should be obvious to everybody but somehow isn't. The world would be a far better place if I was in charge.

Is is safe to assume you didn't realize I was mocking you?

Is is safe to assume you didn't realize I was mocking you?

Is it safe for me to assume that that you are stupid sh*t who didn't realize I couldn't care less because I have learned to ignore pretty much everything you post?

I'm pretty sure that the Vikings need the stadium in 2014 for sure, and more than likely in 2015.

This is going to be the perfect storm. The Vikings are probably worried about the smaller venue, but after the Gophers win the Big 10 in 2012 and follow that up with back-to-back National Championships in 2013 and 2014, by the time the Vikes come to TCF for 2015, the seating will have been expanded to include the third tier anyway.

i like the way this guy thinks! :D

Go4Broke said:
At every Gopher game their are several thousand fans watching the game from the upper and lower concourses and standing at the open end of the stadium. Many of them never go near their seats.

Several thousand?? LOL Okaaaaay!

In my humble opinion, this could help Gopher season tickets. For the casual football fan who has Viking season tickets, but has never been to TCF Bank Stadium (I work with one of them), this will showcase our stadium to more fans. Many people I talk to can't believe the price of my season tickets for Gopher football and this could sway some fans to the Gopher season tickets over the more expensive Viking tickets.

With all that, what do you think this means for Gopher fans? I'm not getting my undies in a bundle, but I'm curious as to whether there will be anything other than wadded up gum under my seat. Nothing is certain, I'm sure. At this point, I would think additional seats will be brought in. Other than that, anything else?

I am curious about the 4 seat backs that our family adds on each year.

1) Our family pays for them - $ well spent and have no problem doing so - it is a choice.

2) We pay to have them installed for the season and the 4 Vikings fans sitting in same said seats get additional comfort due to the money our family forks out? Would be nice to have a split cost for the season(s) that they are in TCF.

3) Or.............maybe U is allowed to charge seat back use during NFL games and get a double bonus. That may be a better solution with a double revenue stream?

Maybe I am out of line with being curious about that. In the end, we'll have the seat backs. I like them and am glad it is an additional revenue source.

Buck

I suppose they could sell them twice. The Vikings fan who wants a seatback has no way of knowing if there already is a seatback present.

Several thousand?? LOL Okaaaaay!

Apparently, you have never had to jockey for a good spot to watch the game from the main concourse. I spend time doing that during every game. I sit in my seat no more than 50% of the time because the concourse is such a great place to watch the game. You can follow the ball up and down the field.

And when you add in the people waiting in line for food and going to the restrooms there can be easily 3,000 to 4,000 empty seats in the stadium at any point during the game (except during the 4th quarter of close games.

Apparently, you have never had to jockey for a good spot to watch the game from the main concourse. I spend time doing that during every game. I sit in my seat no more than 50% of the time because the concourse is such a great place to watch the game. You can follow the ball up and down the field.

And when you add in the people waiting in line for food and going to the restrooms there can be easily 3,000 to 4,000 empty seats in the stadium at any point during the game (except during the 4th quarter of close games.

Here's the thing Go4. In order for what you're saying to be true, there would consistently have to be people 2-3 deep (at least) all the way around the concourse. As someone who also enjoys doing what you do (albeit for less time per game) I know that's not the case.

How did I figure out those numbers? There are only 900 accessible seats in TCF. That's accessible seating on all levels. On the lower level you're looking at approx 50% of that (450 accessible seating locations). For there to be "thousands" of people standing at concourse level that means there would need to be folks stacked multiple rows deep behind every section on the lower concourse. And like I said, that isn't happening.

I suppose they could sell them twice. The Vikings fan who wants a seatback has no way of knowing if there already is a seatback present.

Except for the guy sitting next to someone who brags about not having to pay for his setback.

I'm sure the U will find a way to screw this up too.

Top Bottom