What will our team look like?

tmvander

Reaction score
Let's assume that spring football doesn't happen and we move right into next fall.

What are people's thoughts on who stays, who leaves? More importantly what happens with this year's seniors?

Too late for Bateman, already took money. Guys that maybe not going NFL would leave and call it a day.

We'll be a run-heavy team and take some deep shots occasionally. You've got 6 OL coming back, 4 TE coming back and a bell-cow running back

I will be interested to see what some of the younger RB's can do. The kid from Kansas (Thomas) sounds like a real talent. Turn him loose behind the OL and see what happens.

As long as Morgan is back the gophers have at least a small chance at winning the next big ten season whenever it is...to be honest

As long as Morgan is back the gophers have at least a small chance at winning the next big ten season whenever it is...to be honest

The 2021 schedule is not easy. I fully expect Minnesota to struggle next year regardless of who they put on the field. I half expected Fleck to try to leave for USC after 2020 because of what he's starting down in 2021, but there isn't going to be any coach movement now.

Open against OSU then you fly to Colorado two weeks later. Two weeks after that you go to Purdue then seven day turnaround and Wisconsin marches into TCF. My hope for Minnesota in that stretch of games is competitiveness, not perfection.

With all the OL talk...do we think they will all be back or will some test the waters in the NFL draft in the spring?

I think Wiley gets a lion's share of the carries left after Mo.

Open against OSU then you fly to Colorado two weeks later.

This is the perfect schedule for us to be taken seriously in the Big Ten. Assuming Morgan stays and Fields goes pro, I think we have a fighting chance to upset tOSU at TCF. I'm not sure what other games are being played that week, but I'm guessing mostly crappy non-conference games. An upset against tOSU in the first big ten game in over a year, in front of a national audience could go a long way.

I think Wiley gets a lion's share of the carries left after Mo.
Maybe. The NCAA has basically said if you don’t play more than half a season you don’t lose eligibility. Sounds ripe for a 6 game spring season against the division to me

Maybe. The NCAA has basically said if you don’t play more than half a season you don’t lose eligibility. Sounds ripe for a 6 game spring season against the division to me
Meaning what?

Meaning nobody is going to run out of eligibility based on canxelation

#dronking
Not seeing how that is related to me thinking Wiley would get most carries after Mo.

Top Bottom