What we can do!

bailee88

Reaction score
Nothing we say in this forum has any real impact on the real world. No matter how much we want Brewster to succeed or fail what we say on Gopher Hole is not going to change the outcome. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. What we can do is support this team. Support these kids. Regardless of how you feel about Brewster these kids did nothing wrong and are working as hard as they can every day to try and get us some of wins. They deserve our loyalty and our support.

I agree 100%, however this board is peeked at more than you think by coaches, players and others who work in the program.

I agree. I'll be there cheering the team on good plays, groaning and holding my head in my hands when they do something bonehead, but I will never boo the Gophers.

Even when they take their sweet time & walk up to the LOS down 2 scores with less then 10 minutes to play in the game?

I don't understand why we don't hire thailleagle as coach. the guy is obviously brilliant, knows more than anyone and has an answer for everything. Polish that resume, they will be interviewing soon.

Even when they take their sweet time & walk up to the LOS down 2 scores with less then 10 minutes to play in the game?

Wouldn't that be the job of the coaches?

Quality insight once again thaileagle.

Wouldn't that be the job of the coaches?

Quality insight once again thaileagle.

aren't they 18-22 years old, shouldn't they realize the situation? Down two scores mid 4th-quarter is not the time to lolligag (sp?) to the LOS and waste precious time.

aren't they 18-22 years old, shouldn't they realize the situation? Down two scores mid 4th-quarter is not the time to lolligag (sp?) to the LOS and waste precious time.

Gotta agree with curseislifted on this one. Some things shouldn't have to be coached. If they grew up watching football on TV, which all of them have, they would know a thing or two about urgency when trailing late in a game.

And there's only so many times a coach can scream at a player to not block in the back or hold on a kick return. Players still do it -- even all the way to the NFL. Players are not total innocents in this situation.... the difference is that we forgive them much easier than the coach.

So lets say that there is 10 minutes left in the 4th and we are down 14 pts.
Option 1: try to put together a good drive that results in a TD, but might take 5 min off the clock, proceed to try to stop the opponent without giving up any more than one first down, get the ball back with between 2-3 minutes then go hurry up and try to win the game.

Option 2: get the team to start rushing with 10 min to go, risk them playing desperate , sloppy 2 min drill football and hope that they respond well to an unusual situation.

My preference would be to try to keep your game plan as long as possible.

Top Bottom