What was with the weird camera angles?

Moonlight

Reaction score
My only real complaint regarding yesterdays game was the strange choice of camera angles at different points of the game, making it almost impossible to tell what was happening. Did I hear correctly that they're going to have a final four there? I guess they were trying out different looks to see what was effective but it was pretty bad.

I could not agree more! You can ask friends that I watch the game with - I had to of mentioned it at least 10 times. They were horrible angles. I believe this year they will have regionals there, and then they will have the Final Four. I don't care if they're trying it out for those events, a basketball game should have the same tried and true angles on any court in America. I was annoyed!

Phoenix will not be getting a Final Four anytime soon. They just awarded the host cities thru 2016 and Phoenix was left out. The stadium is too far away from the necessary hotel rooms and convention centers, etc. It is possible they get one after 2016, but by that time, more new stadiums will be built and other prime locations will continue to want the event, too.

The recent cities that won bids were:

2012 - New Orleans
2013 - Atlanta
2014 - Dallas (Cowboys new stadium)
2015 - Indianapolis (they are guaranteed one every 5-6 yrs)
2016 - Houston

That goes with:

2009 - Detroit
2010 - Indianapolis
2011 - Houston

Worst camera angles ever

Yes, I complained constantly about the camera angles. They should never zoom in on a player with the ball while the game is ongoing because you can't see what is happening away from the ball and it is awkward when the ball is passed. The angles from behind the hoop also made it incredibly hard to gauge whether a jump shot was on line or off line from the basket.

i didnt like the camera angles for our game either..

I did like seeing the different angles in the BYU/ASU game though.. probably because that game was only for entertainment while I was all serious business for the gopher game.

Growing pains...

First basketball event ever at the Stadium, probably still trying to figure out what the hell they're doing.

I would imagine they learned plenty to apply to the Regional Finals in March. At least I hope. I'm still hoping to get tickets for that event as well.

Top Bottom