What was the biggest play of the game?

cncmin

Reaction score
To me, it was the Henderson forced fumble. He shot like a rocket on a perfectly timed/disguised corner blitz. I couldn't believe it when the ball actually bounced our way (for once!)...it was almost comical how Kirksey covered the ball with two hands and still got it knocked away, thankfully the ball bounced OOB.

If Iowa scores on that drive, the game would basically have been over. That play changed everything, perhaps turned the whole season around.

I totally agree! I was watching the game on TV from New Hampshire, and I was jumping up and down as it happened!
We can still go bowling if we win out, lol.

I would agree. Iowa was on a roll and there was that feeling that Iowa was pulling away and we just could not keep up. Henderson had a clear shot and destroyed Vandenburg.

I'd agree. There were a lot of do-or-die plays the Gophers made but no play turned the momentum as much as the fumble.

I agree on that being the biggest play. I forget the DL who picked the ball up, but he eventually fumbled. Did any of you hear the ref's explanation how the ball cannot be fumbled forward and goes back to the last place we had possession?

Top Bottom