What uniforms will the Gophers wear for the opener with Nebraska?

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
I don’t think the new black helmet will make it’s debut in the home opener, but I’ve been wrong before.
My guess is maroon, maroon, maroon.

This helmet and pants with a gold jersey please

08_1009479656_42UFOT090819_56188737.jpg

Fans will be in full banana, but it seems the team has abandoned that uniform combination. My guess is GMG.

my theory - when Fleck was a kid, he was a big rugby fan, and his favorite team was the New Zealand "All-Blacks."

therefore, I think the Gophers come out in Black unis with the new Black helmets..................

seriously, I do not like the all-one-color uniform approach.

The Gophers' colors are Maroon and Gold. They should have some combination of Maroon and Gold for every game. maybe one special game a year go Black or Anthracite. but otherwise, Maroon and Gold. and no wearing white after Labor Day.

The yellow gold helmets were shipped out of Dinkytown prior to the 2022 season so unless there has been a secret re-purchase of new gold helmets, there will be no full banana or GMG.

The yellow gold helmets were shipped out of Dinkytown prior to the 2022 season so unless there has been a secret re-purchase of new gold helmets, there will be no full banana or GMG.
Where did they get shipped?

No idea. But the Gophers no longer have gold helmets. They were removed from inventory last year.
I demand an investigation immediately!

Let’s hope we are smarter than Penn State and join the crowd in their color selection.

All gold please, Mr. Powers.

FULL GOLDEN BANANA!! (with maroon stripes and numbers of course)

Metallic gold helmets, gold jerseys and pants is my guess

My guess is maroon top, gold pants and chrome helmets. But they could think night game, national TV so they pull out an alternative black uniform.

Metallic gold helmets, gold jerseys and pants is my guess
this would look really bad
Metallic gold cannot be allowed to mix with the yellow gold in any measure beyond a very small amount of trim on the numbers.

My prediction is that just like the night game opener 2 years ago vs Ohio State, the Gophers come out in the black and maroon, with the helmet unveiled this week. Gold Out be damned.

Unless PJ damns the gold-out and goes full black-out (which I'm hoping they save for EMU), there's got to be some element that matches the "gold out," and I don't believe they still have the banana lids in the repertoire (correct me if I'm wrong but colleges may only be able to carry three helmet colors each year, with maroon and chrome being the staples, and obviously black being announced yesterday).

Because of that, I'm going with chrome helmet, maroon jersey, and gold bottoms. Not the most cohesive look, but it would at least play to the theme of the game.

Black helmets, gold jersey, anthracite pants, maroon gloves and white shoes.

Due to the outrage over the 'End Racism' nameplate uniforms a few years back.....I predict they'll go the opposite way and break out the 'Support Racism' nameplate digs for this contest.

What a time to be alive. There is real optimism, as there usually is, but I am thankful for the positive energy around the program.

With that said... FULL BANANA!

Top Bottom