What uniform combo will be worn at the UNLV game?

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
Anybody know?

20120120__Gophers-new-football-uniforms-1.jpg

I was thinking either white jersey gold pants or white jersey maroon pants. I am just pumped to see the matte maroon helmets under the desert lights.

Well, you can likely contrast it with this, UNLVs uniform for their (home) opener last year.

45316_wisconsin_unlv_football.jpg

I'm going with white shirt and gold pants.

I hope you're kidding.

Those are the underwear uniforms.

Not kidding, 19. I like those the best for the away uniforms. Long underwear are mod.

If I get a second choice, I will choose white top, gold pants.

I think they are gonna go with white on white. I think they will mix it up after they go through the three solid combos first. White top and Maroon bottoms would look sweet.

Forecast is 100-degrees during the day, so I'd guess you're looking at temps in the 90s for kickoff. I'm guessing white-on-white. Try to minimize the heat.

Not that I miss them, but I noticed the only combo which no longer exists is the all gold - pants and jersey. Unlike some of these combos, all gold was one they actually wore a few times since '08. Perhaps there was a vote, too much hate mail, or Kill just said its not an option?

Forecast is 100-degrees during the day, so I'd guess you're looking at temps in the 90s for kickoff. I'm guessing white-on-white. Try to minimize the heat.

The color won't matter if the sun is not shining on them.

White top, gold pants. I think that's far and away the best combo.

GoldenGopher2015 said:
I think they are gonna go with white on white. I think they will mix it up after they go through the three solid combos first. White top and Maroon bottoms would look sweet.

The white top maroon pants does not look sweet, imo. It looks like UMD or Central Michigan. White on white would be better, but white on gold is the best by a large margin. And I don't think we've worn it since Mason, am I right?

The white top maroon pants does not look sweet, imo. It looks like UMD or Central Michigan. White on white would be better, but white on gold is the best by a large margin. And I don't think we've worn it since Mason, am I right?

Agreed on the white with maroon pants. We need to go back to white with gold pants, cause A) it looks the best and B) it's the combo we wore when we used to stomp teams like UNLV by 40 without worrying about it.

The Golden Gophers should wear:

A. Maroon on gold.

B. White on gold.

That's it.

All whites look great, maybe white with gold bottoms as backup.

Hey Butch, maybe they should wear white socks/shoes too! What do you think? :>)

Love the all whites. I even loved the 'all white everything' they did with the special white helmets.

How about this. Maybe they should change colors at halftime and really keep us guessing!

I'm pretty sure a lot of guys were raving about the all white look when they were revealed, I'm guessing that's what they sport for Game 1.

The all whites are the best away look. After that i'd perfer white with maroon pants. I think white with gold pants looks like garbage. Gold with a white jesey? yuck.

The color won't matter if the sun is not shining on them.

The color will matter.

1) Pregame warmups will likely begin shortly after 7pm in Vegas. Plenty of sunshine and plenty of desert heat then.

2) Even after the sun goes down, white clothing is cooler than dark clothing. The white can still reflect heat energy that doesn't come through sunlight, but through other forms of radiation. And, even after sundown, there are lightwaves that carry heat that white can better reflect.

Now, the impact might only be a few degrees, but every little bit might help when it is 100 degrees.

Does UNLV ever wear white at home to combat the heat? I know a lot of NFL teams do this, but can NCAA teams (beside LSU) do this?

Top Bottom