What the hell is the coach doing?

You couldn't have put this in one of the other threads? Troll better...

Oh, I don't know. I thought his words exhibited a marvelous simplicity in expressing his anguish. Also, because the question was open-ended, it invited a range of responses.

What do you want him to do? grab some kid, hold a gun to his head and demand that he commit to MN?

The Gopher Men's BB program has a relatively unknown coach -- no recent success -- no significant NIL --

and you're surprised that players are not pounding on the door demanding to become Gophers?

the Gophers are going to wind up with leftovers. now, leftovers can be tasty (I love me a cold meatloaf sandwich), but they're still leftovers.

if the Gophers were at a music store, they would be digging through the discount bin. and yes, you can find (or could find) some good CD's in the discount bin, but you had to dig through a lot of junk to find the one or two CD's worth listening to.

that is the reality of the Gophers' situation.

It's posts like this that make SON a Gopherhole HOFer :)

What do you want him to do? grab some kid, hold a gun to his head and demand that he commit to MN?

The Gopher Men's BB program has a relatively unknown coach -- no recent success -- no significant NIL --

and you're surprised that players are not pounding on the door demanding to become Gophers?

the Gophers are going to wind up with leftovers. now, leftovers can be tasty (I love me a cold meatloaf sandwich), but they're still leftovers.

if the Gophers were at a music store, they would be digging through the discount bin. and yes, you can find (or could find) some good CD's in the discount bin, but you had to dig through a lot of junk to find the one or two CD's worth listening to.

that is the reality of the Gophers' situation.
SON, you need to write for MAD Magazine. They could use your talent to "educate" about NIL and college life.

I'll withhold judgment on how well/poorly he is handling the off-season until i see how far in the NCAA tournament he gets next year.

if we're expected at this point to donate to build a team a little progress report here and there might help build confidence and maybe some excitement, as opposed to. Well we lost another guy, haven't heard much but hey just keep sending in money!
Yeah let's lose Payne, Hawkins, & Christie first....and then win big....and then get donations from big-businessmen.

Such a logical plan.

I was always good at "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions."

and yes, I used to read MAD back when it was a thing. MAD actually had some really talented artists and solid writing.
I read MAD back in the Seventies when Mort Drucker still drew for them. Al Jaffee, Dave Berg and Don Martin made this era the best. See, I'm not just nostalgic for sports. 😉

Well the voices in his head are definitely laughing at him ;)

I 100% stand by my claim that they ↓↓↓ are laughing at us.

A picture is worth a thousand words...out of sight, out of mind...Mr. Smith Goes To Washington...Mr. Johnson Goes To Minnesota...

images (18).jpeg

"They are laughing at us" says every paranoid person under mental health care.

Top Bottom