What the Gophers student section thinks of Bo Ryan

If you're going there, what has Tubby done in the NCAA Tourney and what has Bo Done?

Oh, and it doesn't look like we need that luck to beat your Badgers. Get off our board until you have something intelligent to say troll.

Give Bo some of the talent Tubby inherited at KU and he would have gone farther. Besides, we're talking B10 here I thought. Time for you to come back with something intelligent.

Time to step in here. Gopheralum your comments are laughable. Tubby won a National Title and five conference titles in ten years. Bo Ryan would not have done anything with Kentucky's talent and would not have recruited at that level. Bo has his system with his players if he was so good he would recruit at a high level. Even Vanderblue won't go there.

You claim to be an ex gopher athlete but you are kind of a disgrace by your Wisconsin love on here. If Bo Ryan is so good how come he never went to a final four? Tubby has outcoached him in the last three games. Bo is a whiny little biatch and has nothing to do with the sticking up for his players, Tom Izzo is not much better in that regard. Coaches should coach not cry to the officials.

Time to step in here. Gopheralum your comments are laughable. Tubby won a National Title and five conference titles in ten years. Bo Ryan would not have done anything with Kentucky's talent and would not have recruited at that level. Bo has his system with his players if he was so good he would recruit at a high level. Even Vanderblue won't go there.

You claim to be an ex gopher athlete but you are kind of a disgrace by your Wisconsin love on here. If Bo Ryan is so good how come he never went to a final four? Tubby has outcoached him in the last three games. Bo is a whiny little biatch and has nothing to do with the sticking up for his players, Tom Izzo is not much better in that regard. Coaches should coach not cry to the officials.

Why shouldn't coaches yell at officials? Why shouldn't they stick up for their team if they think they are being wronged? I wouldn't mind it if Tubby did more of that. I don't tell me Bo wouldn't have done anything with KU's talent and that he wouldn't be able to recruit those type of athletes at a school like Kentucky. That really shows your ignorance on this topic. In regards to me being an ex gopher athlete. Well, I was a Badger fan/Gopher hater long before I went to Minnie. Minnie was willing to give me a full schollie and I nabbed it up. So my only gopher allegiance is to the baseball team.

Well, I was a Badger fan/Gopher hater long before I went to Minnie. Minnie was willing to give me a full schollie and I nabbed it up. So my only gopher allegiance is to the baseball team.

We're happy for you. On behalf of the University, Gopher fans on this board and people all over the free world, please shut-up and go away.

Why shouldn't coaches yell at officials? Why shouldn't they stick up for their team if they think they are being wronged? I wouldn't mind it if Tubby did more of that. I don't tell me Bo wouldn't have done anything with KU's talent and that he wouldn't be able to recruit those type of athletes at a school like Kentucky. That really shows your ignorance on this topic. In regards to me being an ex gopher athlete. Well, I was a Badger fan/Gopher hater long before I went to Minnie. Minnie was willing to give me a full schollie and I nabbed it up. So my only gopher allegiance is to the baseball team.

When did Tubby coach at KU? Talk about being ignorant.

Give Bo some of the talent Tubby inherited at KU and he would have gone farther. Besides, we're talking B10 here I thought. Time for you to come back with something intelligent.

1. Its the University of Kentucky, so U of K works not UK, but that's just the small stuff.
2. You can't go farther than Tubby at Kentucky because we won a National Championship. Sorry bro, there's nothing left at the end of the year after that.
3. You can't compare Tubby to Bo all-time in just the Big Ten because Bo has been here for so much longer, so their overall careers matched up works much better. All I know is that Tubby has a three game winning streak over Bo during the past two seasons. Is that not an issue with you?

Intelligent enough for you yet?

In regards to me being an ex gopher athlete. Well, I was a Badger fan/Gopher hater long before I went to Minnie. Minnie was willing to give me a full schollie and I nabbed it up. So my only gopher allegiance is to the baseball team.

Wow.

As someone born and raised in Wisconsin, I also crossed the border to be an athlete at the U (track if you couldn't tell from the moniker.) This blows my mind that someone can have such little allegiance to his alma mater in favor of our bitter rival. I really hope you didn't actually cheer for the Badgers while you were a student athlete at the U.

One of the things I appreciated about our student athletes was the support we gave one another, especially in the non-revenue sports. I didn't know many baseball players personally, but I went to many games and always followed other teams seasons. And to think that you were playing on that team and I was cheering for you even though I didn't know you, just because you were one of us; you were a Gopher just like me. And then to think of you cheering agianst your own school?!?! I really hope this wasn't the case.

I hope the only reason you came to the U wasn't just for the "schollie." If this is the case, why are you even hanging around this board? If you want to be a badger fan, so be it. Just leave the board and go to the bucky board.

Either you were a big time recruit or you're not really who you say you are.

D1 baseball teams have a total of 11.7 scholarships to offer their entire team. The average roster at the D1 level has 25+ players on some sort of partial scholarship. It's rare that a player gets a full scholarship offer out of HS. The only players that get full rides are the cream of the crop. Everyone else gets a partial scholarship or none at all and it's evaluated on a yearly basis. At a Big 12 school back in the last 90's which one of my high school teammates played for, not a single player was on a full scholarship. The best of the best had 3/4 of a scholly.

Maybe Anderson and the Gopher program splits up their scholarships differently but even if 6 players get full rides, that leaves only 5.7 schollies for the other 20+ players and that probably means the depth in the program suffers.

http://baseballfactory.com/blog/2008/09/understanding-baseball-scholarships.html

I was also the biggest Badger fan/Gopher hater for the first 17 years of my life. The day I chose to go to Minnesota, that did a 180. Can't use that as an excuse whatsoever.

Change your name to Badgerfan2000.

Why are you on this board, if you're a diehard Badger fan?

Either you were a big time recruit or you're not really who you say you are.

D1 baseball teams have a total of 11.7 scholarships to offer their entire team. The average roster at the D1 level has 25+ players on some sort of partial scholarship. It's rare that a player gets a full scholarship offer out of HS. The only players that get full rides are the cream of the crop. Everyone else gets a partial scholarship or none at all and it's evaluated on a yearly basis. At a Big 12 school back in the last 90's which one of my high school teammates played for, not a single player was on a full scholarship. The best of the best had 3/4 of a scholly.

Maybe Anderson and the Gopher program splits up their scholarships differently but even if 6 players get full rides, that leaves only 5.7 schollies for the other 20+ players and that probably means the depth in the program suffers.

http://baseballfactory.com/blog/2008/09/understanding-baseball-scholarships.html

I hear what you are saying. We only had two guys on full scholarship from my class. Me and Rob Quinlan. Ben Birk eventually earned one. Most programs do split up their schollies among many different players. We happened to have a very talented class. One of the most successful in Gopher history. Obviously we know what Quinlan has done. My scholarship was justly deserved. I would say a left handed pitcher who throws in the low 90's would constitute a big time recruit. I don't have time to list my other accomplishments. I won't list the number of schools who also wanted my services either. John "14" would gladly vouch for me if you ask him. I will say I don't think there are any full scholarships awarded on the current Gopher baseball squad right now. I may be wrong.

I was also the biggest Badger fan/Gopher hater for the first 17 years of my life. The day I chose to go to Minnesota, that did a 180. Can't use that as an excuse whatsoever.

Change your name to Badgerfan2000.

Why are you on this board, if you're a diehard Badger fan?

Because I am also interested in Gopher sports. Let's just say I've warmed up a little to them since going to college, but will never leave my roots as you have chosen to do. I'm not a team jumper. I have a right to post on this site if I want to and if it gets heated from time to time then so be it. I try not to flame but sometimes my emotions get the best of me and I have to lash out. Especially when it comes to Bo Ryan. I have a ton of respect for the guy (as well as Tubby) and when I hear some of the crap that I hear on this board I have to stick up for him. There you have it. Take it or leave it.

Wow.

As someone born and raised in Wisconsin, I also crossed the border to be an athlete at the U (track if you couldn't tell from the moniker.) This blows my mind that someone can have such little allegiance to his alma mater in favor of our bitter rival. I really hope you didn't actually cheer for the Badgers while you were a student athlete at the U.

One of the things I appreciated about our student athletes was the support we gave one another, especially in the non-revenue sports. I didn't know many baseball players personally, but I went to many games and always followed other teams seasons. And to think that you were playing on that team and I was cheering for you even though I didn't know you, just because you were one of us; you were a Gopher just like me. And then to think of you cheering agianst your own school?!?! I really hope this wasn't the case.

I hope the only reason you came to the U wasn't just for the "schollie." If this is the case, why are you even hanging around this board? If you want to be a badger fan, so be it. Just leave the board and go to the bucky board.

Honestly man, I did support Gopher Athletics when I was here. Including track. Adam Reed(shot putter) was one of my good friends and attended many track parties. I'm just saying those things to under the skin of some of these guys making stupid comments about Bo Ryan. I love the Badgers and respect the Gophers and cheer for them whenever they aren't playing the Badgers. No offense was meant towards you or any other Gopher athlete. Just to some of the knuckleheads on this board who make ridiculous comments. Sorry if I offended you.

Okay, I have a quick question for gopheralum2000,

What did the heck did you expect to happen when you log on, say you're a former Gopher athlete, and then talk about how great everything about Wisconsin is compared to Minnesota? Did you honestly think that everybody would jump on board and say "oh yes, Tubby and the U are nothing compared to the true greatness that is Wisconsin?" Jeebus.

Okay, I have a quick question for gopheralum2000,

What did the heck did you expect to happen when you log on, say you're a former Gopher athlete, and then talk about how great everything about Wisconsin is compared to Minnesota? Did you honestly think that everybody would jump on board and say "oh yes, Tubby and the U are nothing compared to the true greatness that is Wisconsin?" Jeebus.

I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I have big shoulders and can take it, but I like to give it out just as much.

I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I have big shoulders and can take it, but I like to give it out just as much.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure because for a second, I got the impression that you were upset that folks were angry with what you posted. As it stands, let the flaming continue. ;)

and with all the crap being spewed back and forth I just want to say good luck against Pur tonight. I hope the Gophs take care of business.

Top Bottom