What should we expect for changes on defense?

SRSKSM

FB Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Do we expect any changes in starters for this weeks game?

I expect that Theret will start this week

If Royston is healthy enough he will play a few reps at safety to get ready for the USC game. Sounds like Kim said he would be ready for USC game though. Theret will likely be in this week more after sitting out his suspension. I would have to think with the missed tackles at linebacker this week, that Hill and a few others will mix in more. Aaron Hill look's like a player to me who makes plays. The starting three at the linebacker spots are not likely to get the majority of all of the game reps this week. Just to many missed opportunities by the linebackers the first game. Collado in the right situations may mix in at nickle safety during this season as he is one of the best tacklers in the secondary and could be a good rover there, if need be as he is also a good blitzer off the edge. That would be situational defense, I like Collado that kid sure can tackle.

I expect that we will see more and more of Hageman and KGM as the season goes on. I also think that Hill will be in the mix at LB.

I think Brew really wanst to get more reps for the youngsters next week. Expect Theret to have to win the job back and get the smaller share of the reps, which of course he'll do.

As dissappointed as I was with the defense against MTSU, I think they may turn out to be all right. I was not a Cosgrove supporter when he came, but he's done a fantastic job so far. Last years defense was pretty good considering they were on the field the whole time.

The defense needs to step it up. Our tackling was horrendous against MTSU. This year Cosgrove will prove how good of a coordinator he is. If the defense was as good as some posters thought they would be this year then Cosgrove deserved to be defensive coordinator of the year. Against MTSU the defense was okay, but they need to step it up. Maybe Theret and Royston back there will make a big difference on defense.

MLB

Perhaps when Reeves gets healthy we might see more of him against spread offenses and Tinsley will play against the power running offenses.

What should we expect for changes on defense?

A shutout.

Top Bottom