What redshirt are you most excited to see on the field this year?

BarnBoy

Reaction score
We need a distraction from Ragnowgate.

For me, it's Berkley Edwards.

What about I. Hayes? What's the word on him?

Berkley fo sho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

To me it's Berkley also. I think a lot of people are forgetting about Berkley with David Cobbs strong year and the possible addition of Jeff Jones. I would love to see Jones and Edwards in the same backfield

Berklee for me as well, but I'm really curious about Hinojosa, after he took so long to get here as the only one of that Miami group to do so. He must really want it.

Berkeley, Berkeley, Berkeley.

Streveler, I think he ends up playing freshman year Jordan Lynch and takes a few runs 50+ yds for a handful of TDs

just to be a bit different, Eric Carter. I think he could emerge as pretty good slot receiver. Looking forward to Springball to see how he has developed.

i'll mix it up and say Wozniak. hopefully he breaks out and has a Maxx Williams-esque type season

Def Wozniak. 6 foot 9. I imagine him pancaking guys and Edwards or Jones housing long runs. Then I imagine him getting 1 on 1's in corner of endzone for td's.

Offense: Berkley Edwards
Defense: Daletavious McGhee

The staff says McGhee has NFL potential.

I've got to go with Nate Wozniak too, you don't see 6'9" TE's too often, it'll be interesting to see how they incorporate him into their offense.

I've got to go with Nate Wozniak too, you don't see 6'9" TE's too often, it'll be interesting to see how they incorporate him into their offense.

If 6'4" maxx williams was a matchup nightmare for defenses can't wait to see what defenses have to do to cover a 6'9" wozniak in the red zone... If he has good hands like Maxx it could really help out our young QBs since he should be able to go up and get a pass pretty much wherever its thrown.

Choices

Roden-McKinzy, Dimonic QB 6-0 214 FR Kansas City, Mo. (Wyandotte HS)
45 Ayinde, Adekunle DB 6-0 185 RS FR Blaine, Minn. (Blaine High School)
30 Wipson, Chris LB 6-2 210 RS FR Plymouth, Minn. (Wayzata HS)
5 Streveler, Chris QB 6-2 209 RS FR Crystal Lake, Ill. (Marian Central Catholic HS)
22 Borchardt, Jeff WR 6-0 185 RS FR Medina, Minn. (Wayzata HS)
40 Starks, Alexander DB 5-11 200 RS FR Plainfield, Ill. (Plainfield North HS)
26 Smith, Brian WR 6-4 212 RS FR Milwaukee, Wis. (Brookfield East HS)
28 Santoso, Ryan K/P 6-5 260 RS FR Pace, Fla. (Pace HS)
11 Carter, Eric WR 5-11 185 RS FR Lakeland, Fla. (Lake Gibson Senior HS)
49 Salzwedel, Owen DL 6-6 240 RS FR Beaver Dam, Wis. (Beaver Dam HS)
39 Wozniak, Nate TE 6-9 258 RS FR Greenwood, Ind. (Center Grove HS)
19 Conway, Michael QB 6-5 205 RS FR La Crescent, Minn. (Aquinas HS [Wis.])
15 Rhoda, Conor QB 6-2 180 RS FR Eagan, Minn. (Cretin-Derham Hall HS)
59 Dixon, Ray LB 6-3 205 RS FR Loxahatchee, Fla. (Seminole Ridge HS)
32 Edwards, Berkley RB 5-9 190 RS FR Novi, Mich. (Chelsea HS)
90 Peppers, Demaris DL 6-3 270 RS FR Memphis, Tenn. (Fairley HS)
8 McGhee, Daletavious DB 6-1 195 RS FR Decatur, Ga. (Cedar Grove HS)
70 Fahning, Chad OL 6-6 270 RS FR St. Paul, Minn. (DeLaSalle HS)
76 Mayes, Alex OL 6-5 285 RS FR Van Alstyne, Texas (Van Alstyne HS)
60 Leidner, Matt OL 6-2 280 RS FR Lakeville, Minn. (Lakeville South HS)
45 Hart, Nick TE 6-5 220 RS FR Prior Lake, Minn. (Prior Lake HS)
33 Harte, Andrew K 6-0 180 RS FR Downers Grove, Ill. (Montini Catholic HS)
38 Laster, De'Niro LB 6-4 230 RS FR Cleveland Heights, Ohio (Cleveland Heights HS)
42 Juenemann, Justin K 6-0 158 RS FR Phillipsburg, Kan. (Phillipsburg HS)

Lots of possibilities! 23 + True Freshman

Most excited to see on the field offense: Berkley Edwards. If the Gophers are going to run that ball as much as they did this year (and I hope they don't), they badly need to break more long runs.

Most excited to see on the field defense: De'Niro Laster. A 6'4 230lb linebacker who is said to have very good athletic ability. Laster/Campbell could form quite an athletic OLB corps.

Most interested to see on the field: Nate Wozniak. There is very little history of guys as tall as Nate succeeding at football. He could be a weapon or he could struggle with the leverage aspects of football. Definitely one of the more intriguing prospects on the roster.

I'm excited to see Ryan Santoso, simply due to the fact that at 6'5, 270, he is the largest kicker to ever appear in an Under Armour All-America Game. He's a big boy with a big leg, bigger than Janikowski ever was, and Sebastian is the largest kicker I have ever seen.

I've no idea how accurate a kicker he is, but just on novelty factor alone due to his ginormous size, I want to see this kid boot the ball. :)

I'll stay with what I posted on 2-8-13 (Which recruit are you most excited about?)

While I am excited to see each of the kids develop (hopefully) into contributing team members, I will go out on a limb and say that I really like Daletavious McGhee from Cedar Grove, GA. I watched the hudl highlights someone posted after he committed and then watched additional film on him. The first play on his November 4th film, he strikes an opponent's helmet off (albeit a penalty). That play is 1st play on this link: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1107346/...ights/29205406
Having said that, watching his films multiple times, I like his technique, emotion, and playmaking abilities. Will he play? I have no clue. I am a novice at this stuff. However, I do like his effort and play making abilities in a highly competitive DeKalb County.

If 6'4" maxx williams was a matchup nightmare for defenses can't wait to see what defenses have to do to cover a 6'9" wozniak in the red zone... If he has good hands like Maxx it could really help out our young QBs since he should be able to go up and get a pass pretty much wherever its thrown.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. This kid should be able to grab some TDs out of the sky.

Streveler, I think he ends up playing freshman year Jordan Lynch and takes a few runs 50+ yds for a handful of TDs

Lena would be proud of you, Ole. You are correct sir!!!

5 Streveler, Chris QB 6-2 209 RS FR Crystal Lake, Ill. (Marian Central Catholic HS)
38 Laster, De'Niro LB 6-4 230 RS FR Cleveland Heights, Ohio (Cleveland Heights HS)

Rosen-McKinzy shouldn't be on that list. He's a 2014 recruit. He's be a true frosh this upcoming season.

Most excited to see on the field offense: Berkley Edwards. If the Gophers are going to run that ball as much as they did this year (and I hope they don't), they badly need to break more long runs.

Most excited to see on the field defense: De'Niro Laster. A 6'4 230lb linebacker who is said to have very good athletic ability. Laster/Campbell could form quite an athletic OLB corps.

Most interested to see on the field: Nate Wozniak. There is very little history of guys as tall as Nate succeeding at football. He could be a weapon or he could struggle with the leverage aspects of football. Definitely one of the more intriguing prospects on the roster.

Hopefully Wozniak spends a good amount of time practicing the jump ball near the goal line.

I could also see us using him on FG block once he gets stronger and puts more weight on.

Thanks for the list. I go with Berkley-like a lot of others. Speed kills.

Thanks for the list. I go with Berkley-like a lot of others. Speed kills.

I,too like Edwards. I also like Streveler.

On defense Laster,Wipson, and Dicke at LB. I like Peppers,Hinojosa, and Salzwedel on DL.

I,too like Edwards. I also like Streveler.

On defense Laster,Wipson, and Dicke at LB. I like Peppers,Hinojosa, and Salzwedel on DL.

Dicke didn't RS last season, he will be in his third season with the program next year (RS-SO).

I am most looking forward to seeing McGhee and Laster.

Berkley Edwards 'lightning in a bottle' and DeNiro Laster.

While Edwards is the sexy choice, Wozniak and Williams will be a deadly duo at TE. Add the group of Jones, Carter, Holland, and Gentry at WR (let alone Fruechte, Maye, and Wolitarsky), and who ya gonna cover? And with whom?

Top Bottom