What It Is, What It Was, What It Shall Be

Reaction score
Gophers are now 28-14 under Tubby.

Gophers were 77-80 the prior 5 years, 25-37 the prior 2 years, and 9-22 the prior year B4 Tubby.

The future looks bright.

Some told you he couldn't coach. He can.

Others told you he couldn't recruit. He signed Top 20 class last year and Top 10 to 15 class this year.

Let's face it...Tubby knows when to kick players' butts, and when to be positive....I think today, that Tubby kicked a few butts at half-time break, and talked (forced) the PUPS into winning this game, and turned a good butt-kicking into a positive. Tubby is real. Way to go Gophers!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, when I was watching us in the second half, the words "comeback cats" seemed to be floating around in my brain...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves ..

Yes it was a good win, but until we beat Louisville, and beat Big Ten teams on a consistent basis, we are not there .... yet.

Nice run though

Outscored them 27 to 8 down the stretch. I wish I would have been there, I bet the barn was just nuts.

Yes it was a good win, but until we beat Louisville, and beat Big Ten teams on a consistent basis, we are not there .... yet.

I don't think this is getting ahead of ourselves. Just enjoying the win and the fact that we have Orlando Smith as our coach.

I agree

They just beat an Ivy League team that doesn't have scholarships, at home, as a 10.5 point favorite. What a wonderful coaching job. It doesn't compare to what happened in Ann Arbor today right? Cornell should be ranked, they're a top 3-4 team in the B10. 8-0 baby!!! Pretty much locked up an NCAA Tourney berth with all of these quality W's!!!

Bring on Louisville!!!!

They just beat an Ivy League team that doesn't have scholarships, at home, as a 10.5 point favorite. What a wonderful coaching job. It doesn't compare to what happened in Ann Arbor today right? Cornell should be ranked, they're a top 3-4 team in the B10. 8-0 baby!!! Pretty much locked up an NCAA Tourney berth with all of these quality W's!!!

Bring on Louisville!!!!

What a miserable life you must lead. I know being an importer/exporter isn't super exciting but man.....I bet you are a real hoot at parties!:rolleyes:

Gophers are now 28-14 under Tubby.

Gophers were 77-80 the prior 5 years, 25-37 the prior 2 years, and 9-22 the prior year B4 Tubby.

The future looks bright.

Some told you he couldn't coach. He can.

Others told you he couldn't recruit. He signed Top 20 class last year and Top 10 to 15 class this year.

FOT, we get it. You don't need to sell him to us, or be his PR agent. Tubby's actions speak loud enough. There's no need to defend him on this board, there never was...if you hadn't noticed, Gophers fans don't complain about him...there's nothing to complain about! You can preach his accomplishments on the Kentucky boards, but we all see what he does everyday for our basketball program.

FOT, we get it. You don't need to sell him to us, or be his PR agent. Tubby's actions speak loud enough. There's no need to defend him on this board, there never was...if you hadn't noticed, Gophers fans don't complain about him...there's nothing to complain about! You can preach his accomplishments on the Kentucky boards, but we all see what he does everyday for our basketball program.

Here, here, or hear, hear. Can't say I was around in the '20s. The oddly Biblical cryptic quotes aren't needed either. And a lot of us don't need to be reminded of the bad years, because we were there.

In defense of Art, as excited as I am about this team, we've yet to beat a quality team this year. I couldn't stand watching the underachieving transfers of the past few years, especially the way they were out rebounded. It looks like those days are gone, but a top half Big Ten finish and a tourney birth would be a huge coup for Tubby. We don't know how good these guys are until they play Louisville.

In defense of Art, as excited as I am about this team, we've yet to beat a quality team this year. I couldn't stand watching the underachieving transfers of the past few years, especially the way they were out rebounded. It looks like those days are gone, but a top half Big Ten finish and a tourney birth would be a huge coup for Tubby. We don't know how good these guys are until they play Louisville.

Even if we were to beat Louisville, Art's response would be something like:

"Wow, so now we are on the same playing level as Western Kentucky! Woohoo!."

Art's negativistic opinions remind me of 2 bloggera on the Startribune sites.....jmarksor and bostonrob. Add fun things, Art, not sarcasm. Other than that, Art is fun.

Enjoy the future. His successor is now 23-16 and 2-6 vs. ranked teams.

Here, here, or hear, hear. Can't say I was around in the '20s. The oddly Biblical cryptic quotes aren't needed either. And a lot of us don't need to be reminded of the bad years, because we were there.

And Monson is in a better place FOR HIM. I think he'll do well at LBSU.

"What it is, what is was, what it shall be" is hardly a Biblical quote. It's the greeting used by Bruce "Kokomo" Curry, who lived next door (to me) in the dorm almost 40 years ago.

Let's face it...Tubby knows when to kick players' butts, and when to be positive....I think today, that Tubby kicked a few butts at half-time break, and talked (forced) the PUPS into winning this game, and turned a good butt-kicking into a positive. Tubby is real. Way to go Gophers!!!!!!!!!

Most successful coaches do. Tubby just one of amy of those who can rally a team when it's down.

FOT: GO AWAY

This is Gopher Basketball, not Tubby Basketball.

By only mentioning Tubby, he demeans and belittles the players, who have apparently done nothing at all this season except to be within Tubby's aura.

What it is: A major college BB team (Gophers) holds a major college BB team (Cornell) to 14 points in the 2nd half. That is What it is. We are 8-0.

What it was: (Read what it is).

What it shall be: K sarrah sarrah, Whatever will be, will be.

What it boils down to is this: Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a mystery. Let's enjoy today as a gift...that is why it is called the present.

Ladies and Gentlemen: We have "From the Barn" and "Friend of Tubby" duking it out. I don't care who wins that contest, as long as the Gophers, both HeGophers and SheGophers keep winning. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hewey, Dewey. I wondered where Lewey was.

At least I don't show up at a Gopher Basketball game wearing Kentucky crap.

And I thought you went to Purdue?

I know that if Tubby was to leave Minnesota you would be sitting around hoping that we lose.

Go pollute some other board with your repetitive banter.

We will all be here long after Tubby and FOT are gone.

It was a fun game today but beating an Ivy league team at home should not be considered noteworthy. If Michigan can land a home game with Duke why can't we? I'm tired of our crappy non conference schedule. We have no idea how good this team is because we haven't played anybody. 8-0 means nothing when the average RPI is in the 200's.

Top Bottom