What is your prediction for actual attendance vs Rutgers?

What is your prediction for actual attendance vs Rutgers?

• 50,000+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 47,000-49,999

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 42,000-46,999

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Under 42,000

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters

“Actual attendance” isn’t a real thing that’s reported anywhere thought, right?

This game looks farther along with ticket sales than Purdue was.

Lots of high school football tomorrow, but lots of tickets sold already and a beautiful day on tap.

“Actual attendance” isn’t a real thing that’s reported anywhere thought, right?
Yeah it's folks just giving their opinion ... often pretty wonky.

Had folks on here talking about the stripe out being a failure ... they claimed to be there, but man i was there too and it was about clear as the summer sun ... wtf were they talking about?

Yeah it's folks just giving their opinion ... often pretty wonky.

Had folks on here talking about the stripe out being a failure ... they claimed to be there, but man i was there too and it was about clear as the summer sun ... wtf were they talking about?
Stripe out looked really good on TV. I was impressed!

Not necessarily. The StarTribune reported in this article the scanned numbers for 2018 & 2019.

If I were to guess for tomorrow, probably around 32,000.
Even ‘scanned’ tickets is going to be light. The ticket scanners only scan your ticket if you stop and have them do it. You can literally walk right past them and they don’t stop you.

My guess for ‘actual’ is 39k.

Even ‘scanned’ tickets is going to be light. The ticket scanners only scan your ticket if you stop and have them do it. You can literally walk right past them and they don’t stop you.

My guess for ‘actual’ is 39k.
I know that can be done but how many actually do that? Few hundred? The games in 2019, I don't recall any line issues. Still 6000 no shows for even Penn St.

I expect tomorrow to be aligned with most of the other Big 10 games, about 10,000 less than what is announced as tickets sold (or distributed). When the article was written, it was still mostly paper tickets, so presumably fewer running an end around on the scanners.

Last edited:

Announced will be 41 to 42,000. In the building about 31,000 people. Why cause the Gophers are playing Buttgers. Buttgers moves the needle about as much as playing Cornhole U, or Deleware State. Why are they even in this conference?

Not sure, but the announced attendance will be massively inflated as usual. Tweet somewhat related.

Top Bottom